1995 Raleigh “Team Edition” M-Trax Series 2

LozK

Retro Newbie
I’ve this from new, which was late 1994 / early 1995. When I asked here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=#1677421 and here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=#1677351 the opinion was that it was a 1995 Raleigh “Team Edition” M-Trax Series 2, which I have been told was one of the bikes with titanium main tubes, “so a decent frame with fairly low spec components, ripe for upgrading”.

It comes wit a little Bicycle Guide (bike instructions, bits about the gripshft, an Allen key, etc.), even including a picture of the Franco Cipolletti who made it! That’s on a card marked “Raleigh Special Products Division”.

The booklet has a sticker on the front that says “85013 45 cm M-TRAX” on it and the back, where the guarantee card that I should have sent off (oops) is. So it’s got a 45 cm (17.7 in) frame (as written on a sticker on the documents, and this matches with one of the sizes the brochure and seems to be the length of the length of the seat tube). IIRC, they seemed to recommend a slightly smaller frame at the time, but move the seat higher (than on other bikes I’ve had).

About the only change on it is the tyres and the seat to something that’s more for riding on the roads rather than off-road. It’s really not been used very much at all, so should be in good shape.

I’m not sure what else to say about it, so there are some images here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/user_albums/LozK/

Sorry for it not being pristine in the photos.

I’ve been told that I might get £200-300 eBay, but I’m willing to sell it to anyone on this forum who might be interested for £150 (if the buyer can collect, from Bristol), as I know it’ll go to better home and someone will appreciate its loveliness! :)

Very, very tempted! I used to own exactly the same model. Bought it new in 1995. Lovely bike!! What happened to the chainset? The original should be an alivio.

Hiya, it may have been changed (I think just in the front gears), to have slightly different gearing, as recommended by the shop that I bought it off, as I was going to use it on the roads more straight after I got it.

It's been the same since I bought it, anyway. The Derailleur and the bit at the front that shift the chain to the right gears (please excuse the lack of proper technical terms!) both have Alivio written on them, so those should be the originals, it might just be the front gears?

I’m having trouble telling the difference between the picture of yours and mine, though - am I looking at the wrong bit?

Hi, is it still available?
I've been looking for a mid 90ies M-Trax bike for ages now, I used to have one and I was so proud of it, loved it, until some b'stard broke into my garage back in 1999 and it was gone. So after many searches I've come across this, so i had to register for the board and site.

I'd be interested in this, do you take pay Pal as payment? and can I arrange a courier or do I have to pick it up? (I'm in London)

Please get back to me

cheers Ibbs

Lozk
Could you send me some close ups of the stickers? The continental one especially.
I need to send some pics off to Gil to get some made for my M-Trax

ibbz":3ovtot5s said:
???
Available or no?

Yup, sorry I haven't checked the forum for a few days, but it is still available if you're interested. I'll send you a message and we can go from there if you're still interested.

Gutted.

Damn, If only I could get to Bristol!. Looks like a beauty. Any chance you could deliver? :LOL:

Oh well, Free bump! :)

Latest posts

Back