For Sale 1995 Kona Project 2 forks, Velocity stem, original bars

nebraska2024

Retro Newbie
Giving up on a restoration build and as much as it grieves me as these are difficult to find, they are better finding a new home as they were the pinnacle of the P2 evolution.

I'll check the exact dimensions for interested party but they are from the 18" Hahanna frame (that has an unremovable seatpost); the stem is 125mm contrary to the catalogue spec IIRC and the bars I believe are the originals as the markings is still visible although very faded. The crown race is damaged so needs to be removed.

Not sure what the fair price is, but £80 posted on UK mainland seems reasonable ?

Sure. The bike's at my friend's house so I'll have to take it apart/ get pics, will post as soon as....let me know any other queries in meantime. Can meet/ deliver in London instead of post also.

Ok, here are the pics of the forks/ stem/ bars/ freshly removed and uncleaned:

Attachments

• 20240729_140455.jpg
    20240729_140455.jpg
    698.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240729_140440.jpg
    20240729_140440.jpg
    898.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20240729_140335.jpg
    20240729_140335.jpg
    748.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240729_140325.jpg
    20240729_140325.jpg
    849.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240729_140311.jpg
    20240729_140311.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 40
Hi...the problem with the frame is that the seatpost was totally seized and perhaps 30cm deep inside the seat tube: I cut it off and was sawing out with hacksaw blade but the blade wasn't long enough to get all the way down and then cutting an angle it started cutting at the seat tube at the top so I had to stop. Then I found out about 'the seatpost man' and corresponded with him, sent pics etc and he said it would cost £90 excluding shipping to remove which I think is too much for that frame unfortunately especially when there is a risk that it would not be usable - I think the likelihood is that it would be, but removing the seatpost seems nigh on impossible. You would be welcome to have the frame as well for nothing (not including shipping anyway), but I can't guarantee that a. you could remove the seatpost or b. that it would then be safe to use as there are nicks into the top end of the tube (I have pics somewhere). It does need a new headset if it were recovered btw.

Hi...the problem with the frame is that the seatpost was totally seized and perhaps 30cm deep inside the seat tube: I cut it off and was sawing out with hacksaw blade but the blade wasn't long enough to get all the way down and then cutting an angle it started cutting at the seat tube at the top so I had to stop. Then I found out about 'the seatpost man' and corresponded with him, sent pics etc and he said it would cost £90 excluding shipping to remove which I think is too much for that frame unfortunately especially when there is a risk that it would not be usable - I think the likelihood is that it would be, but removing the seatpost seems nigh on impossible. You would be welcome to have the frame as well for nothing (not including shipping anyway), but I can't guarantee that a. you could remove the seatpost or b. that it would then be safe to use as there are nicks into the top end of the tube (I have pics somewhere). It does need a new headset if it were recovered btw.
It seems that you already tried so hard. I will pass then

Back