1995 KONA HOT TET- NOS CONTENT, FINISHED-PICS PAGE4

sunchaser":1fqktw76 said:
This is about the nicest Kona frame I've seen :cool:

I'll probably get flamed for saying this but, have you considered some modern components? Maybe avid ultimate V's & Tune cranks in black..
I'm with you on this one. It's a new frame, from an era when they built the best frames ever, so it deserves the best components from any era. There's no point in fitting stuff just because it's old, unless you are just going to look at it, which would be a waste and a shame... ;)

suburbanreuben":3ub12hto said:
sunchaser":3ub12hto said:
This is about the nicest Kona frame I've seen :cool:

I'll probably get flamed for saying this but, have you considered some modern components? Maybe avid ultimate V's & Tune cranks in black..
I'm with you on this one. It's a new frame, from an era when they built the best frames ever, so it deserves the best components from any era. There's no point in fitting stuff just because it's old, unless you are just going to look at it, which would be a waste and a shame... ;)

Hmmm I like the way your thinking :twisted:

I think Tune stuff is awesome and has a retro look to it so it would suit this bike definitely. Groupwise I'd go M360 bling :cool:

That is frickin stunning. the pinnacle of everything that used to be cool about kona.
I'd go with tune stuff too.... real nice.
How about putting a long cage dura ace 7800 (gs) mech on it with an 11-28t block & running it 1x10 or 2x10...? or maybe that's just what i'm eventually planning on doing once i find myself a pimpy old school kona frame in 20".... one day....... one day.........

Fantastic - just my size (17/18?) incase you have a change of plan! :)

I would build it up as close to original spec as poss, and be prepared for it to take some time! Failing that, boutique parts of the day - no purple mind, just silver!

Heli-tape it up, Frame Save or Waxoyl the tubes - go ride!

Defo canti's not those vulgar V's! ;)

I plan to get her finished some time next week as I have a wEek off work :cool:

Been toying with a middleburn duo set up but not sure if it will look out of place on a 1995 frame :?

its_kirby":2pltjuch said:
I plan to get her finished some time next week as I have a wEek off work :cool:

Been toying with a middleburn duo set up but not sure if it will look out of place on a 1995 frame :?

Middleburn is never out of place :cool:

.......Just waiting on my brake levers from the states, then its cables time!

Attachments

• hot-headtube!.jpg
    hot-headtube!.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,058
Back