1995 Independent Fabrication Deluxe Help needed style gurus

I wasn't questioning its authenticity. It has the ring of truth about it for me, but I think it would be interesting to research its history a bit more and find out how it relates to how IF got under way. My guess is it's most likely made out of True Temper and it looks pretty much like a 1994 Yo Eddy aside from the cable routing. We've established that it has the same 9cm head tube as an S/M Yo Eddy (or Buckshaver), and it looks as though it has a similar 15.5" c-c seat tube, so if it has a 22.5" top tube as well, then you've got pretty much a full set of Fat Chance dimensions. From your report, it sounds as though it rides more like a Buckshaver than a Yo Eddy, but that's why you like it I guess.

Couple of small changes.
Anthony will be very happy to see the orange cables gone in favour of a full compliment of XTR grey cables that I had spare in the larder. I also found some 'bit-kinda-like-faded-denim-blue Ritchey Speed Max 'blue' walls that compliment the bike and ride nicely too.
Havn't sorted the bar/stem issue yet based on the fact I havn't found a stem I like. Put some silver bars on to see what they look like, but I prefer black.
HuGi hubs arrived from Roy today which were promptly dispatched to my LBS for building.
More poor pictures :oops:

Stuffforsale189.jpg

Stuffforsale190.jpg

Looks splendid.

With an Ultegra cassette and one chainring you don't need a long-cage mech, which would sleeken up the back end a bit (and get rid of a load of spare chain). Especially if you ditched the Rollamajig, which really ain't pretty ;-)

MikeD":1401ha6y said:
Looks splendid.

With an Ultegra cassette and one chainring you don't need a long-cage mech, which would sleeken up the back end a bit (and get rid of a load of spare chain). Especially if you ditched the Rollamajig, which really ain't pretty ;-)

Yes, just as I was thinking re the mech. Just sold a lovely med cage mech and was going to keep it but sometime in the future I am going to change the gearing....something like 36 up front and 11-32. So I kept my mech.

A few words by the owner I bought it from, as posted on the IF Forum.

Hey Carl,

That is my old frame. I bought it from ebay as a complete bike. The original color was blue & it was first bought from Mystic Bike in Mystic,CT. The listing off of ebay was from San Diego. I sent it back to IF & had them repaint the frame(Carbon Black I think was the color name,its in the older color choices) and build the fork for me. After building it I figured out that it was an inch to small. If I remembered correctly the ser. # is IF25SD & that the frame is #25 out of the factory & they told me that they never saw such a well preserved frame of its age @ the time of repaint. I replaced it with a new custom frame set from IF, the new bike rules and fits like a glove! It was a great bike & I’m glad to see it still being used. I hope you get miles of fun from it, enjoy. Cheers!!

Rob

Carl, Is it me or is the sensor on your camera a bit flakey in parts? eg. in this shot:

Stuffforsale190.jpg

...the bit around the stem seems a bit misty? It's present in the same place on the other pic, and around the top left on them too.

Lovely bike though.

Back