1995 DBR Axis Team Titanium -> new pic on page 11

Re: 1995 DBR Axis TT **FINISHED PICS ON PAGE 2**

A slight update.

The current setup looks more or less like this:

e6qb2a.jpg

For whatever reason I'm going to make a strange experiment with this bike and convert it to a fixed gear with 700c wheels.
The Pace RC31 fork has a-c of 420 mm. With that fork the frame angles are ~70,8° for the steering and ~73,0° for the seat tube.
The BB drop is ~32 mm. For the bigger wheels I figured I needed a bit shorter fork to compansate for the BB rise and keep the trail usable.
Also a longer steerer tube wouldn't be a bad thing.

So. I bought a Bontrager Elite Disc carbon forks off the forum. It has a-c of 410 mm.
Weight is 664 g (with the star nut). Steerer is 220 mm long. Measured rake is ~43 mm.

24b13q9.jpg

The cranks I'm going to change into these. Middleburn RS7, 170 mm.
Spider is 96 mm. 450 g all in. Just cleaned them up, they are going to be anodized black.

zipxkz.jpg

Will update as soon as I have some more pics.

Re: 1995 DBR Axis Team Titanium *CHANGE OF PLAN (PAGE 4)*

The new wheels are here! Love them.

Rear: 32H White Industried ENO Eccentric / DT Revos / brass nipples / Kinlin XR-200 / Schwalbe rim tape (total weight 708 g).
Front: 28H noname Chinese disc hub / DT Revos / brass nipples / ZTR Alpha 340 / Schwalbe rim tape (884 g).

30bmyom.jpg

Not by any means ridable. Still have a lot of work to do.

But I couldn't resist the temptation to try how it would look with the 700c wheels...

11jut0w.jpg

Slowly making some progress.

Took some measurements with the 700c wheels and the Bontrager fork (a-c 410 mm).
With the ENO hub axle in the "lowest" position the frame angles are ~72,2° for the steering and ~74,5° for the seat tube. BB-drop is ~34 mm.
With the ENO hub axle in the "highest" position the frame angles are ~71,2° for the steering and ~73,5° for the seat tube. BB-drop is ~43 mm.

Also got the cranks back from the anodizing. Looking beautiful I think.
k4yxp3.jpg

ic4nbm.jpg

This is the ENO Eccentric rear hub. Still missing the sprocket though...
2usweug.jpg

Hope titanium BB, with a 103 mm axle (weight is 162 g).
kcyqa1.jpg

Front brake caliper is Shimano BR-CX77 with metal pads (weight is 156 g plus 6 g for the bolts, adapter is 17 g + 6 g). The disc is Ashima AiRotor ARO-08 (87 g + bolts). The tyres are Challenge Grifo XS´s (336 g and 362 g).
312hapy.jpg

wow an Axis TT fixie conversion! ;) interested to see how it turns out and find out how it rides!

You need to cut off that hanger, and get rid of the all the brake and gear gubbins.

Ooh, never say never I say. With me, cutting off cable tabs is in the same league as selling off your M950 Vs and Paul's levers as you're going disc braked....noooo!

For sale: M950 V´s and levers.

Maybe I should have this topic moved over to the post 1997 section.

Feels that this project will never be finished. Some updates though.

Bought a Surly stainless steel 36T ring (106 g).
$_1.JPG

With the chainring in the inner position the chainline will be something like 45,5 mm. Good enough. But I don't really like how it looks so I made a bashring/chainguard. It's an old RaceFace 42T ring. Grinded the teeth off, then smoothed the edge.
ivxrh1.jpg

This is how it ended up looking. Still need to apply some black paint on the edge.
2nbvkg8.jpg

Cut the brake cable outer and adjusted the brake. Working great. Almost finished now.
1h2dg6.jpg

A White Industries splined cog is on it's way to Finland. Just need to get it here and I get to try how it rides.

Latest posts

Back