1994 Mtn Cycle San Andreas - Spectrachromed! - FINISHED Pg.7

Won't be long now I promise! :oops: :LOL:

Chainrings turned up while I was away and apart from realising I need the little plastic cable guide for under the bottom bracket, it's ready to be built! Pics soon...... ;)

NICE

Nice job from massahcusettes U.S.A. I remember building those when I was a bike shop mechanic all through the 90's. I moved to southern California and was the head mechanic at the Mountain Bike Warehouse. All we built were northern cali bikes. It was the ano peak of mtn biking. Bikes went out doors blinging with anodized trends. I was in my glory!!!!! NICE BIKE friend make sure and ride it like it was meant.

Many thanks! All but a couple of finishing touches (and changing cranks for the 3rd time :oops: it's done.... I'm hoping I'll have some decent finished pics up in about a week..... Though I've been saying that for weeks! lol.

Re: 1994 Mtn Cycle San Andreas - Spectrachromed! - Update Pg

Alex Creasey":17nko11t said:
A little bit of interwebbing later and found this rather interesting San Andreas which sparked off some inspiration:

Hey! that's mine! I have to have 5 posts before I can post a picture of it's new update. Your gonna like it!

Mountain Cycle Shawn":a4x30yzf said:
Alex Creasey":a4x30yzf said:
A little bit of interwebbing later and found this rather interesting San Andreas which sparked off some inspiration:

Hey! that's mine! I have to have 5 posts before I can post a picture of it's new update. Your gonna like it!

Hey Shawn,

Ah cool! Look forward to seeing it but have quite a few pics of yours saved when I was looking at getting the frame painted :cool: .... I'm literally just awaiting new cranks and it'll be done.... Finally! :oops:

Mountain Cycle Shawn":17b8txka said:
Alex Creasey":17b8txka said:

Come on Shawn, hurry up and get your 5 posts up, need to see what you’ve been doing to it lately.
Like Alex I have all the pictures of your Andreas shiner.

Wow this is really something special. I often see a chap riding one of those sporty mopeds across my neigbourhood and he's had all the plastic body panels Spectrachromed (I was familiar with the process but never knew the name :p ) It's quite a sight seeing that thing in direct sunlight. Looking forward to seeing it built up!

FINISHED! (for now ;))

Finally Got the bike finished! (for now....). Still waiting on cranks but was getting so fed up that I put these on for the time being. Ride is superb and considerably lighter than the Red & Black San An I've got which makes it feel even nimbler when bombing about.

Spec:

Frame: 1994 Mountain Cycle San Andreas. Resprayed with Spectrachrome chrome paint system

Fork: 2011 Rock Shox Revelation 140 Dual Air
Rear Shock: Fox RP23

Headset: King
Stem: Syncros FL
Handlebar: Syncros Carbon Gain
Grips: Lizard Skins Moab

Brake Levers: Avid Ultimate Black Ops
Brake Calipers: Avid BB7
Brake Discs: Alligator 203 / 180 Gold discs
Brake Cables: Jagwire Carbon

Shifters: NOS XT M732 Thumbshifters
Front Derailleur: M970 XTR
Rear Derailleur: M972 GS XTR Shadow
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire Carbon
Cassette: HG61
Chain: KMC Gold
Cranks: Gusset TAF-24 (will be 853 Woodstocks)
Chainrings: Token Shuriken Chainblades
Chainring bolts: KCNC
Bottom Bracket: Gusset EXT24
Pedals: Time ATAC XS

Hub Skewers: A2Z Titanium
Rims: Stans ZTR Crest
Hubs: Hope Pro3 XC6
Nipples: Yes
Spokes: Black DT Double butted
Tyres: Schwalbe Rocket Ron Grey / black
Tubes: Specialized

Saddle: Flite Evolution Carbon or Flite Carbonio
Seatpost: Use Carbon Alien
Seatpost Binder: Hope

Weight: Quite light!

Pics:
DSC06340.jpg

DSC06323.jpg

DSC06325.jpg

DSC06326.jpg

DSC06327.jpg

DSC06329.jpg

DSC06339.jpg

DSC06332.jpg

DSC06333.jpg

DSC06334.jpg

DSC06338.jpg

Then was disturbed by these little monsters wandering over for a gander ;) (which is only rare by the fact I live in suburban north London)!
DSC06349.jpg

Thanks for looking :cool:.
Alex.

Latest posts

Back