1994 Kona range!

Skeeter1

Kona Fan
Can anyone help/or for definite confirm what forks and stem actually came on the 1994 lava dome?
As in the brochure it shows them with Sus forks and not the project twos!

A while ago I picked up a 94 lava dome with some old battered jett 2 forks on.
But the guy said he thought his original forks and stem were at his parents House somewhere......

Well I got a call to say he's found them and I've just collected,but slightly confused as the forks are a kind of bronze/brown but the stem is a grey colour.
To me it doesn't seem right as why put grey with brown on front end??

Some clarity would be welcomed with both hands .

They came with either the Project Two and had the Race Light decals, or with front shocks and had the Mountain Shock decals.

The stem and forks were bronze from memory.

I've just referred to the photo he sent me when they were found...
The stem looks like it matches in photo,but upon collection it seemed different in colour.

When I'm back with them I'll have a better look... Screenshot_20240524-174018.png

I've just referred to the photo he sent me when they were found...
The stem looks like it matches in photo,but upon collection it seemed different in colour.

When I'm back with them I'll have a better look...View attachment 852341
I never had a Lava Dome in 1994 but my friend did, those forks 'n stem in the picture look original to me, why are you doubting the seller? (I think they were painted with metallic paint, so my guess the colour appears very different in a certain light or photos)

Last edited:
I never had a Lava Dome in 1994 but my friend did, those forks 'n stem in the picture look original to me, why are you doubting the seller? (I think they were painted with metallic paint, so my guess the colour appears very different in a certain light or photos)
I'm not doubting the seller as he gave them to me for free!! So I definitely wasn't going to grumble at different colours.... Nevertheless I'm about to rebuild this model,and even though it's not going to be factory spec,I do just want to get the Kona bits right if that makes sense.
I picked them up after work today in a rush so haven't got to look in too much detail. As I commute from the mainland to I.O.W on a hovercraft I couldn't bring them home as I was loaded with other stuff.
I think your right though..and I'm super chuffed!

Many thanks 👍🏼

I’m no Kona expert but I did lots of research on decal style/ fork style when building my Hei Hei.

Those are 95 forks and stem to me. Colour , decals and the 95 dropout match in my eye.

I’m no Kona expert but I did lots of research on decal style/ fork style when building my Hei Hei.

Those are 95 forks and stem to me. Colour , decals and the 95 dropout match in my eye.
I thought so too, but the 95 should have a square bolt, not a tapered. and I don't think 95's came with any noodles, they were using "Boners" by 94 if I remember correctly.

Back