1994 Kona Lava Dome

damkas

Retro Newbie
1994 Kona Lava Dome for sale. 16 1/2 frame.

Non original parts are;
Diacompe SS4 brake levers (never got on with the short levers).
Front and Rear mech now Deore XT (originally Deore LX?).
Saddle Vetta Testarossa with Titanium Rails.
X-lite Bar ends with Ti screws.
Grips
Brand New tyres and Continental tubes.

A few marks to the paint, but I even found the original touch up paint, although totally dried up.

I bought it new in 1994 with my first, non YTS, pay packet and maintained it well. Sadly I'm getting too old for it and need a lighter bike, possibly even with power (sad I know) as it's a bit hilly here. I had a lot of fun with it, but it's time to move on.

Not included in the sale;
Pannier rack, saddle pack bracket, gloves (forgot they were there), Bottle cage, mud plugger and pump. Currently in frequent use,so that's why they are in the pictures.

£200 ono I should have decided to sell it before spending £50 on new tyres and tubes! I have seen a similar bike on ebay in rough shape for £240, which I think is high, but I've also seen more recent ones for £150 which I thought was too low, so I am very willing to listen to comments, but bear in mind I need to buy a new bike ;-)

Collection from Okehampton, Devon or local delivery possible. Thank s for looking.

Attachments

• Right Main.jpg
    Right Main.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 639
  • Main left.jpg
    Main left.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 639
  • Bar ends.jpg
    Bar ends.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 639
  • Bar.jpg
    Bar.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 639
  • Forks.jpg
    Forks.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 639
  • Front Mech.jpg
    Front Mech.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 639
  • Headset.jpg
    Headset.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 639
  • Rear Mech.jpg
    Rear Mech.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 639
Re:

Are the hose pipe and reel included ? ;)
Prices are all over the show. Yours looks very tidy !
Good luck with the sale.

Re: 1993 Kona Lava Dome

My_Teenage_Self: Yep, you're absolutely right, 1994. Sorry for the typo. Could everyone please take note of that.

Retro Guru: I'll take a decent offer on the pipe and reel. Very handy for cleaning the **** off a 1994 Lava Dome.;-)

Dirt Disciple: It could be as I've only registered today. I'll try contacting you.

Re:

Hi I still can’t reply to your message can you call or text me or pm me your number 07419323111, thanks Russ

Hi All,
This has now sold after a full 40 minutes on Gumtree. Thanks for looking.

Now I just have to find something suitable as a replacement for an older, more tired me.

Happy Pedalling

Back