1994 Kona Fire Mountain Singlespeed - £125

jam1e

Dirt Disciple
18.5in 1994 model Kona Fire Mountain "restored" and singlespeeded by me. The frame had the old grey paintwork stripped off using sandpaper and nitromors and was updated with 2 coats of primer, 5 of white enamel, custom decals applied and finished with 2 coats of clear laquer. The frame was then extensively covered in helitape. There are a couple of extremely minor dents which have vanished under the helitape. The original Velocity stem and Project 2 forks were just touched up and as such are the original colour. In addition the original seat collar and rear cable guide are the same grey as the stem/forks.

The components are a mixture of period items, modern stuff I had kicking about and tat from Halfords.

Wheels - STX RC rear hub, unknown front, silver spokes & silver unknown rims, Schwalbe Racing Ralph tyres
Bar/Seatpost/Front Brake - M-Part
Grips - Sunline
Saddle - Selle San Marco "Ponza"
Pedals - Tioga Surefoot IV with greaseport (matching grey to forks etc)
Unknown BB
STX headset
Sugino Impel Crankset with unknown blue anodised chainring and bolts.
DMR singlespeed kit
Anodised blue security skewers on wheels
Anodised blue bolts
Spesh silver bottle cage

Issues you should be aware of:

Collection only (Lincolnshire)
I've lost the security skewers so can't take the wheels off...
It's lived outside so needs a bit of a clean and lube.
Seatpost is a tight fit, think it needs a 27.0 not 27.2
Only has a front brake, I was never happy with the routing on the rear and didn't need it for my commute!
The relatively new BB could do with a grease.
On a 1-10 scale with 10 being immaculate in every respect and 1 being rusted, seized junk I'd give the bike a 7...

I'm trying to get some pics sorted but having dramas with flickr & uber slow wi-fi. Might be able to email some though. Any questions, requests for pics or offers drop me a PM.

Offers around £125 collected, £150 delivered.

Cheers.

Back