1994 GT Zaskar Aqua Build

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Aqua: Update on page 8, and its a beauty!

Interesting. I think the aqua is my favourite colour now I've seen it in the flesh. Still want a 95 Ink blue frame though.

The ball burnished frames never did it for me. Takes all sorts don't it? I'm looking forward to seeing how Mark finishes this one and what you do with your new BB project. :cool:

Finally got my brake cables yesterday for the ink blue 96. Hopefully the decals should be waiting for me when I get home too, so I can finish that one off and turn some attention to the aqua frame. :D

cherrybomb":3haf2uph said:
Interesting. I think the aqua is my favourite colour now I've seen it in the flesh. Still want a 95 Ink blue frame though.

The ball burnished frames never did it for me. Takes all sorts don't it? I'm looking forward to seeing how Mark finishes this one and what you do with your new BB project. :cool:

Finally got my brake cables yesterday for the ink blue 96. Hopefully the decals should be waiting for me when I get home too, so I can finish that one off and turn some attention to the aqua frame. :D

well each to their own i guess :D

for me its u Brake zaskar's... if one comes along in 16" then no doubt im buying it! got some unique plans for that bike, but theyre getting pretty rare

Sean

Sure would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing.......like Kleins!

(Did I say that out loud? :mrgreen: )

cherrybomb":3uv235gs said:
Sure would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing.......like Kleins!

(Did I say that out loud? :mrgreen: )

true, the early attitudes have to be one of the ugliest bikes ive seen, but a lot of people like em! dont understand the appeal with Chance yo Eddies either :LOL:

were gonna strike up some retrobike controversy if not careful :LOL:

sean :cool:

SEANSTEPHENS":3ot1winq said:
were gonna strike up some retrobike controversy if not careful :LOL:

sean :cool:

Heaven forbid! :D

Anyway…………..still a nice Zaskar. ;)

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Aqua: Update on page 8

Sean, out of curiosity did you every ride a zaskar with those narrow, straight (or near straight) bars?

I did several years ago, found the handling shocking, nearly killed myself :LOL: :LOL:

IMG00036-20110220-1501 by gmac123, on Flickr

gmac123":3oca6uku said:
Sean, out of curiosity did you every ride a zaskar with those narrow, straight (or near straight) bars?

I did several years ago, found the handling shocking, nearly killed myself :LOL: :LOL:

IMG00036-20110220-1501 by gmac123, on Flickr

Not yet but il find out soon enough :LOL: that said though, ive got quite narrow flat bars on my diamondback and i like the way it handles, it feels nimble. The zaskar on the other hand maybe a different story all together, after all its not a 28ib steel rigid hardtail

Sean

yeah it's a question of geometry I suppose. I'm quite quite big at 6ft on an 18" frame so the drop from saddle to bars is large with the zaskar having quite a low front end particularly with rigid forks. I found this and flat narrow bars gave it quite a lurching feel and have settled with wide riser type bars.

GL with the new build, enjoy!

Back