1994 GT Zaskar Aqua Build

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Alright chaps

ive been looking for a nice 16" zaskar for a few months, ive always liked 90s GT frames especially since i sold my '97 xizang and I came across this turquoise 1994 Zaskar frame (thanks to gm1230126) in early december. Its in really good shape for the year so I bought it and had it shipped here from the US of A :cool:

ive had the frame over a month now just waiting for me to do something with it, i still need some graphics but heres some pics of it to get this thread started

Sean

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Turquoise

I'll be watching this with interest.

I've got an ano blue Zaskar build about to start. Just waiting for the frame to arrive.

Mmmm lush, same as mine i got back in sept. I got black and white decals from ebay, great quality and includes a few spares.

I can't decide weather to keep retro or re build with hydraulic brakes, you can get a rear hanger off ebay for £17.
Might ride retro this year and see how it goes. I was surprised how good the xt v brakes were....

I know a man who has a pair of the correct Rockshox Mag 21 SL Ti forks for that frame Sean. ;)

cherrybomb":19dvbur4 said:
I know a man who has a pair of the correct Rockshox Mag 21 SL Ti forks for that frame Sean. ;)

I've gone back to square one too many times with the parts on this build already and it hasn't even began :LOL: I've got a pair of manitou 4 with turquoise lettering already lying around and they look quite good with the frame so I'm going to stick with using those for the time being. I was looking in an old magazine article from 93 or 94 with Hans Rey riding his turquoise zaskar and I think he was running quadra's on his back then... I think there's a scan of it on the forum somewhere but I can't seem to find it

Sean :)

I've had the exact opposite problem.

I'm trying to rebuild a bike a had BITD which was stolen. It had quite an eclectic mix of components as I brought it as a frame and then used a mix of new parts and bits taken from another bike to build it up. Some of the stuff it had on it has proved to be a real headache to find (USE suspension forks for instance). Its been hard work pulling all the bits I needed together- and I've had to make some compromises so as I can get somewhere near but I'm almost in a position to get it built now.

I can at least ride it then while I try to find those 'perfect' parts for it.

4986448_tml.jpg

WOW!!! Loving that colour! I look forward to seeing it completed.

Sean have a look in the 94 catalogue for a bit of inspiration pal,
Like it was mentioned by cherry bomb it was available with sl ti forks and a full m900 xtr group set.
Nice that.

@ cherry bomb good things come to those who wait! (Soon it will be with you!)

Back