1994 Diamondback Axis for sale

daves tour bus

Retro Newbie
Hi, newbie here.

I've tried to post photos and links but as I'm a newbie it wont allow. So here is the description from a certain auction site. Can the mods please advise on this if you are a newbie as I would like to put more photos up.

Spec as follows:
Frame: Diamondback Axis - True Temper TT Lite - Size 16 3/4"
Fork: Custom Diamondback Chro Mo
Crankset: Shimano XT
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT top pull
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT 8 Speed (non standard red aluminium jockey wheels)
Cassette: Shimano XT
Chain: Shimano HG
Hubs: Shimano XT Paralax Front and Rear with X Lite Titanium skewers
Shifters: Shimano Deore XT - Rapidfire
Brake levers: Shimano Deore XT
Brakes: Shimano XT, with Onza Chill Pills and X Lite Titanium pivot bolts at the front, XT Pads all round with loads of life left.
Front Rim: Bontrager BCX-1 28H
Rear Rim: Mavic 517 SUP
Front Tyre: Onza Porcupine Kevlar folding 2.10
Rear Tyre: Continental Traction Pro Dual Compound 2.10
Headset: Tioga Alchemy
Stem: Zoom Clip-on comp
Bar: Club Roost Go Fast riser with brace..
Grips: Club Roost (brand new in red)
Seatpost: Avenir light weight alloy
Saddle: Bontrager with Titanium rails.
Pedals: Tioga Surefoot with toeclips and straps.

Good bits:
The bike rides perfectly and gears shift and index smoothly and precisely considering the bike is 17 years old. I has been well looked after and serviced regularly by myself and my LBS which I worked at part time. The tyres still have loads of tread left and the brake pads too and the grips are brand new. It did have Onza Ules on for a long time but age got the better of them. There is hardly any wear on the Crankset; you would expect scuffing from shoes. The wheels are still very true, could do with a slight tuning. I will include a set of Shimano DX SPD's and a composite Blackburn bottle cage with the bike.

Bad bits:
As you would expect for a bike this age there are signs of wear and tear. With it being a steel frame there are some rust patches mainly around the BB area and chainstays. There are match head size patches of rust on the top tube, some on the down tube, fork, and seat stays and a larger areas around the bottom cup of the headset. The saddle has a few nicks and scuffs in the leather. The left hand size chain stay has some scuff marks on it. I think thats from when I once fell of it! Some of the lacquer on the top tube has rubbed off due to the routing of the cables and there is some cable rub on the head tube.

The right hand side shifter (rear mech) has a small section of the underside housing missing on the thumbshift button. This exposes the inside of the shifter but does not compromise its operation.

I do not want to break up the bike and sell parts separately, although I realise this may make more money I would rather sell it complete. I have owned it since I was a teenager and it does hold some sentimental value so if it doesnt sell then I'll keep it. It has not been neglected so you could jump on this bike now and ride it away!

Please ask away if you have any questions.

Thanks, Stephen

i think the restriction on newbies is to stop people coming in..selling stuff and then never to be seen again as much is built up in trust on the sale items

i think you can post picks after 5 posts?

Yeah thats understandable, especially given that things are swapped between members and relationships built upon trust.

In relation to the cost, I wanted £300. Dont know if I'll get that, but going off what I have seen on the boards it doesnt sound unrealistic.

Back