Re: Re:

Retro Spud":1qk7w4jz said:
Like it or hate, it’s here to stay and there’s room for all of us… even disciples of Purple :D
Pure Purple ..a consistent build, I like it :cool:

Well done, and now enjoy it Nick :D

ridevintagemtb":11a3eahd said:
That came out really nice!

and that coming from you sir is like winning an Oscar ! :D

@ Nader and eZ, this isn't going to be wall hanger, although I'd be the first to admit I won't be out on it in January's Mud either

Got a few snaps off Rampage the other day who did a lot of the annon work and took a few pictures as thngs
were being broken down at Icon-0-Classic this year

Attachments

• grafton.jpg
    grafton.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 992
  • Grafon Crank 2.jpg
    Grafon Crank 2.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 992
  • icon o classic Yeti 9.jpg
    icon o classic Yeti 9.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 992
Retro Spud":1ctzb5r2 said:
file.php
Crème de la Crème :cool:

Retro Spud":1ctzb5r2 said:
this isn't going to be wall hanger...
I know it, but I would take it only up to the ice cream parlor ;)

Re:

After being pulled apart for a little more work and further refinement Sunday saw a shakedown ride ahead of its upcoming trip out to Mountain Mayhem

A lot of the reworking has been purely cosmetic … but not all

The Chris King gripnut had plenty of scuff marks on it from the use of poorly fitting tools over the years and so was removed cleaned and very carefully polished back up before being shipped of for a re-finishing at Intrincycles

Likewise I was so impressed with the results of the anodizing of the Speedcase on my Ozone CO2 that I didn’t hesitate to strip this one off for Chris to work his magic on.

Before

After

And now refitted… the previously silver Pulley wheel also got a dip as well

Also indulged in another set of SRP bolts for the granny ring …..must stay away from the for sale section especially Racer X’s threads

Next on the hit list were the bolts holding the stanchions in place, these bad boys are Titanium

Whilst it was under going a mini make over I could resist trying some Scott Mathauser’s super brakes out to see if they really were as good as claimed…. Gotta say they sure grip the rims like crazy, not sure they’d last long though if used in anger.

I can’t find the link now but I remember reading about Martin Kozaczek ARC that was on display at NAHBS 2013, and despite it being built to show standard BikeRadar.com made a big deal about the use of an SRAM chain…..so I figured I’d better mine into line (not that’s it ever to go on display anywhere) and fit period correct Shimano HG chain

Re:

Since it was such a nice day my daughter insisted on riding out, surprising how far she cycled
As Yeti don’t make bikes in her size she chose one from Halfrauds in Turquoise because “its likes dads and his is a Yeti!” :LOL:

Shame I didn’t take a proper camera with me… but for a Phone they didn’t come out too bad as the light was kind

Just love the subtle sparkle

Back