1993 Raleigh John Tomac Replica

FirstFlight

Senior Retro Guru
We purchased this bike years ago from a guy who bought it from some type of unclaimed freight company. I don't believe is has been ridden and included all the paperwork and goodies like the tension disk wheel bag. When Tomac was at one of our distributors in SC pimping Kenda tires, we took the bike down and it was displayed in the Kenda booth. It was cool to hang out with John in the booth for awhile and he signed a poster and trashed tension disk wheel for us. Later in the day, he ruled the tricycle race:thumbsup:

Best story was a couple of young shop rats looking at the bike saying how cool it would be if Tomac could see the bike.........all while John was standing 3 feet in front of them!

More pictures and specs at http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/Bikes/1993_Raleigh_Tomac.html

TomacSide.jpg

TomacStem.jpg

TomacRder.jpg

TomacST.jpg

Nice!......I've a set of nos tomac signature kenda tyres in my cellar.......are you going to ride the bike?.....

Does anyone know if JT kept his old race bikes or did he have to give them all back?

We all know of H-Ball and his amazing garage of oldies, wondered if Tomac had a similar set-up somewhere or he'd got rid?

BB

He sold off some old stuff a handful of years ago. Like many, he doesn't seem terribly interested in the old bikes, they were just tools to most of the racers.

BoyBurning":t3ru9374 said:
I recall his yard sale, but don't think that included any of the 'Signatures' did it?
I think is was a couple of older bikes and some parts (bars and wheels?)

Back