1993 Manitou FS.

mr_ship":1hq5jnft said:
I didn't want any lairy ano on this, just plain and simple.

Simple? That bike deserves bether words :LOL:
I do understand what you mean ofcourse, very well done! Those wheels are just amazing...

Nice day so took a couple more photos.

P1000061.jpg

P1000062.jpg

P1000063.jpg

P1000064.jpg

P1000065.jpg

That looks wonderfully understated - congratulations on your self- restraint :)

I have one of these, and very shortly it will be the subject of a few posts as I rennovate it - this is a wonderful example of what I think I'll be aiming at.

The problem is that there are too many really cool blue ano parts out there that I'm struggling NOT to hang on it.

So how did you resist the temptation :D ? :D

Chris

BigSud":3cirtaps said:
That looks wonderfully understated - congratulations on your self- restraint :)

The problem is that there are too many really cool blue ano parts out there that I'm struggling NOT to hang on it.

So how did you resist the temptation :D ? :D

Chris

Thanks Chris. Look forward to seeing your Manitou on the site.
Such great looking frames do not need draping in ano in my view. PeteMCC's Bradbury FS is a case in point. One of my favorite bikes on here.

Re:

New to this site so that's probably the reason why, but, I haven't seen anything like this, interesting bike! Pretty dam cool man! :D

The Ringle Ti-stix hubs: oh my god that is f*****g sweet! Time wise not quite period correct since those came out in '97 but they fit the build perfectly. Soo jealous! I'm still searching for some cool polished CNC era hubs for my '94 FS build but I can never hope to attain that level of awesome (already going off the rails with too many turquoise parts).
Great build! I should take some notes for my own...

Re:

For hubs, almost by accident I arrived at White Industries ones.

King is the obvious default choice, maybe even too obvious, so I was looking for something just a bit different, and a pair of WI Trackers came up on eBay for sensible dosh.

If you're trying not to overdo the blue ano, the WI stuff is perfect - the 'default" colour is polished alloy, which goes beautifully with a Manitou.

And they, like the Kings, last forever.

Cheers
Chris

Back