1993 Klein Rascal rescue

It's a 1" alloy XT I'm after, the locking Gripnut that's in it probably works better but it'd be nice to have the full bits.

It's only a 15 min ride to the sellers house so will swing past on the bike when its rideable to show him my handiwork and jog his memory ;)

Well mine isn't an XT but it is in as new condition as i had fitted to my old bso then took it off again due to scraping it a month later so it never got used tbh but yes a full cmpliment of XT would be a lot nicer and i bet the seller will gob smacked when he see's it and fingers crossed he searches the parts out while your there Tim ;) ..

Sweet :cool: so i hope you've got the positions all planned out just right as that's the one thing i always dread getting wrong if i don't have spares but it will look great when sorted mate ;) ..

Muddy paw":aa74sms7 said:
Sweet :cool: so i hope you've got the positions all planned out just right as that's the one thing i always dread getting wrong if i don't have spares but it will look great when sorted mate ;) ..

Luckily the shadow of the original ones are there to act as a guide :D

Minifreak":rsc9iiq7 said:
Muddy paw":rsc9iiq7 said:

Luckily the shadow of the original ones are there to act as a guide :D

Doh! i forgot about the paint being darker where the originals had been :facepalm: but i reckon that's due to the smart paint finish dazzeling me :cool: ..

Stem decals on :) The paint looks stunning outside in this mornings sun, just a shame it won't photograph to show it as good as it is in the flesh.

I know KLEIN's get a bit of a bashing from time to time and this isn't a high end model, but I think it's a beauty and deserves to be treated like the peice of MTB history it is. Still going to get ridden though ;) No garage queens here.

Well done Tim the new decal looks great fitted but the question is was their any unwanted bubbling while putting them on and if so what did you use to get rid of the bubbles and yes she is a beaut regardless of position in the bike range so any way not long now till she's sorted :cool: ..

The original seller has been searching high and low for the headset top nut and washer that the bikes missing, his man cave is seriously big and full of bikes and car stuff ;)

In light of this I bought a complete 1" Shimano XT M740 headset and despite not being shown in the sale pics, it came with a spare top nut. Happy days :)

Nice one Tim ;) , talk about getting lucky on a deal eh! " sweet! " so that will be sorted before the evenings out i take it as it's no big job and you'll have the satisfaction of the Klein being finally sorted :cool: ..

Back