1993 Klein Rascal rescue

Thanks to member Dossa and eBay, the XT M730 cranks are now wearing a full set of silver rings again with Middleburn bolts. Middle ring is a Sugino but it looks almost identical to the Shimano equivalent and I've always been impressed with their shifting and wear rate.

Nice work Tim as the XT crankset looks really well on the Klein now you've sorted it and it looks like you've given it a right good polishing too so are you any where nearer getting an XT seat post yet mate ? .

Muddy paw":1b1sjmcl said:
Nice work Tim as the XT crankset looks really well on the Klein now you've sorted it and it looks like you've given it a right good polishing too so are you any where nearer getting an XT seat post yet mate ? .

Cranks weren't in too bad a condition, only needed a quick polish once the caked on mud was off. Usual marks and scuffs but this is being built as a rider. No show queens in my house :LOL:

I have tracked down an XT post, awaiting arrival of this plus shifters and I'm ready to complete.

Minifreak":ae2qb7jd said:
Muddy paw":ae2qb7jd said:

Cranks weren't in too bad a condition, only needed a quick polish once the caked on mud was off. Usual marks and scuffs but this is being built as a rider. No show queens in my house :LOL:

I have tracked down an XT post, awaiting arrival of this plus shifters and I'm ready to complete.

Seems to be working out very nicely then mate so it shouldn't be to long before it's ready and those marks on the crank arms just add character imho and a little mud well it wouldn't of been used properly without seeing a bit of the sticky stuff so yes i'm really liking this bike alot and wht's a show queen any way as i've never owned one ;) .

XT Seatpost and 7x3 speed XT shifter/ brake units have arrived.

Plan on fitting these tomorrow and maybe even cable up if I have time :)

Also waiting on some black MISSION CONTROL decals to arrive in the post from JonRock.

Well she's 95% done, just a brake cable hanger and stem decals to wait for in the post. I'm hoping the previous owner is able to locate the XT 1" threaded headset top nut and tab washer so I can remove the Grey grip nut.

Hope you like the progress, finished pics on a sunny day soon :)

Mm i thought you'd have had word back by now from the seller regards the lock nut and washer ..

I have to agree about the Turbo saddle and i thought the Klein came in a smaller size than the 18" but who cares when it looks this good so how long do you have to wait for the cable hanger and what was the size again of the locking nut and washer again just in case ;) ..

Back