1993 - 1996 Kona Kula Spec?

ExeterJake

Dirt Disciple
I just got off eBay a Kona Kula which was advertised as a 1996 but i for some reason think its earlier than that. I am after a proper Spec sheet of what should of been on the bike from factory as I'd like to potentially put it back how it should of been. The frame is Gold and has Easton Varilite tubing

Heres the link to the frame.

It is actually a gold colour, rather than the orange shown in the catalogue picture. I think this picture gives a fairly accurate sense of the colour.

Attachments

• 1996 Kula size 18.jpg
    1996 Kula size 18.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 1,311
Mine is XT with Pace Carbon forks. But it was available as a frame only option - so..... That may not be the factory spec.

don't put it back to stock, take it out and spank it. It'll be fun like that

Well my Kula seems to be the 94' Model judging by the spec above. Its because mine has the Varilite tubing opposed to the Elite Aluminium.

Heres some pics

I had toyed with both ideas, stock but also specin' it up. Its just i have a soft spot for originality with bikes, my Lava Dome 1997 (Next to new) Is all standard still as is my Gary fisher wahoo 1995 (NOS)

One of the problems with restoring it to 1994 spec is that they didn't make very good suspension forks back then. I've actually got a 1994 Marzocchi XC500 in my parts bin, came off a 94 Explosif. You could buy it off me if you want to, but I'm not sure I would recommend it. Light but spindly I believe (but never ridden it myself).

My favorite kona of all time :D
I was watching that as its my size but was away on holiday when it finished.
Good score.

I actually liked the Marzocchi XC500's , a bit flexy,yes but lovely smooth action if not much travel but that was what was available Bitd.

Back