1992 Raleigh Peak

Analog Kid

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Due to an impending house move I need to find a new home for my trusty Raleigh Peak, I've had it since new and apart from a couple of problems with brazing around the rear triangle which meant a couple of warranty replacement frames it's been reliable.

peakxlite.jpg

It has the full original LX groupset (M550?) minus the pedals which gave up the ghost long ago, full spec as follows:

Wheels: Rigida Laser 400 rims on LX hubs with DT Swiss DB stainless spokes, I rebuilt the wheels a few years ago as the original galvanised spokes were getting too brittle to adjust. Tyres are generic knobblies by Federal.

Drivetrain: Original LX chainset and mechs, the adjusters on the front are seized but I have a spare which I bought from someone on here which I will include. The chain is very worn and needs replacing, I have a spare 7 speed cassette which I will also include, the rear mech has a side washer missing from one of the jockey wheels but it doesn't affect it. Pedals are caged SPD's that I bought when the originals wore out. Shifters are the original LX push-push type, the bottom bracket is a sealed Shimano unit which was a direct replacement for the odd-sized original.

Brakes: Original LX cantis and levers with raw aluminium Avid Tri-dangle hangers, the blocks are Clarks I believe and have plenty of wear left.

The rest: Reynolds K2 Frame with 'finite response' forks, the frame isn't too heavy but the forks are pretty weighty. The original Zoom stem remains with black Kona 165 bars which replaced the original Raleigh 'Titanium' ones due to the excessive centre bulge on the Raleighs which meant fitting bar ends was impossible, talking of which a pair of X-lite L's are fitted, these were a more recent addition so have little wear. The seat pin is a plain aluminium finish, the saddle is a Ritchey Vector Plus Rail which is largely intact apart from some crash damage around the back edges.

It's been dry-stored for the last couple of years, prior to that it was my everyday bike, I know it's not going to be worth a fortune so I'm looking for £50 in the first instance plus shipping costs if required.

More photos are available in this thread -> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... mp;start=0

My first proper bike! :shock:

If I had the space I'd be getting all nostalgic but I guess some memories are best left alone...

Hope it finds a happy home soon :cool:

Hi did you sell, been looking for this bike for years as used to own one and wished I never sold it for an mtrax , new to this site , recommended from a guy a bought some bike parts from regards nlake.

Back