1992 Marin team issue - restored and ridden

Guys ... been there! In 1992. Spent hours standing next to the 1992 / 1993 models. Truth is as follows:

- 1992 Team issue: Yellow / fluo yellow. It was NOT green!!! The green ish color comes from fading and degeneration over the years. Remember that the original Marin decals of that time are PRINTED! In 1993 as well. They are NOT fully colored vinyl foils like we have or use today. Back in 1992 the original down tube decals were a (about 4 times thicker than todays vinyl cuts) white base coat vinyl that got the end-color printed on separately! TOp tube decals were normal "stickers" on transparent foil. In 1993 then, top-tube and down tube was that thicker printed foil. Anyways - lets not go further into the production process of the retro original decals vs. the recent repro sets.

- 1993 "Team Marin" or the quoted "Palisades Trail" like in thread no #205 above was a COMPLETELY different color (fluo green) and has nothing to do with the original 1992 "Team Issue" color.

Now, if your 1992 Team Issue decals appear super green today, they are degenerated over time - or have been replaced at some point. But most likely faded and degenerated.

One thing though - speaking of the catalogues: 1993 "Team Issue" original color is called: Plum. Just like the Pine Mountain stuff and Pine FRS of that same year. But looks SUPER different in the catalogue! Simply: wrong and far from reality!

One more thing - concerning catalogues: In fact, you will from time to time find things in the pictures of the catalogues that actually NEVER made it into mass production of the actual bikes that were produced and shipped out about 6 months later. Remember, that all the catalogue pictures were taken about one whole year before the bikes acutally went into mass production! Things have been changed from picture to actual new production year.

Cheers

I had a cursory search around for "no flats on brake boss" "pressed in brake boss" and a few other variations. Seems when there are no flats to accept a wrench for removal/installation, some are brazed to the perches that attach to the stays and some are pressed in. In my case on the Litespeed I believe they are pressed in because the three-hole disc to preload the brake has spun off center. In your case, maaaaaaybe they are brazed. Perhaps clean the area very very well and see if there is any kind of seam and also check the back side/ under side for brazing.

Ok, bit of an update. I’ve now got some nic mag 21’s for cheap and some Magura racelines also for cheap but I may not use the maguras. That means I can use the rockshox so the pace forks are available for my carbon bike

Nice. :cool:

Keeping the forks silver? Will look nice in the chrome frame, me thinks.

I actually enjoy the blended fade of the green on the Race-line's. Looks great. Any plans for them?

Nice. :cool:

Keeping the forks silver? Will look nice in the chrome frame, me thinks.

I actually enjoy the blended fade of the green on the Race-line's. Looks great. Any plans for them?
Yeah I’ll give them a try if they don’t work out I’ll use them on a proflex I’m planning to build💪

So got this:
6F6AD587-D218-498B-8E80-19483B800EFF.jpeg

Scuzzy sealed

And this:

68C56A86-97DC-4E12-ABCF-6F8D78332A93.jpeg

Pair that with a set of black ritchey force lite bars, and I’m set.

Does anyone have any Magura mounts for xtr shifters?

Back