1992 Marin Muirwoods Restoration

Hi i have a nearly new 1992 Marin muirwoods all origional parts only been ridden a few times every year would you be interested in it i live in sheffield and can supply pics

sutedude":3vcxdccv said:
Hi i have a nearly new 1992 Marin muirwoods all origional parts only been ridden a few times every year would you be interested in it i live in sheffield and can supply pics

I would like to see pics of that please. I had one as my 1st mtb.

Marin Muir woods 1992

Hi have put it on ebay to sell with one pic if ya send your e mail address will send extra pics was finding it hard to post pics on here

My god you must be psychic. My wides mate came round tonight as she's having a crisis. I was banished from the house and have finally finished the bike. The brakes have only been on and waiting to be cabled up for 12 months lol. Got a few bits to fettle with and a new stem and headset to go on but it has been risen tonight :). Will get some piccies up soon. Just got back in the house and got a topic reply notification. How bizarre

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well its almost there after nearly two years :oops:

still need to tidy up the cables and put the decals on. Have managed to get some NOS decals from the states and these should be with me in a week or so.

As a recap, I junked all of the original parts and had the frame blasted and painted by a mate with a paintshop.

Stem is a NOS Marin lite - Ebay USA
Rear Mech - Deore LX NOS
Cranks - Shimano Biopace NOS
From Mech Shimano GS200 NOS
BB - bog standard square taper
Breaks - Modern Deore Vs with Jagwire pink blocks
Cables - Jagwire
Seat Post - Push
Bars - Felt steel - need to sort these and am after some wet black
grips - modern lock ons
shifters - modern deore pods 7 speed
wheels - Ritchey NOS 1990 ish
Saddle - Scott road off my CR1

So its a bit of a blend of new and old but it rides really nice and will serve me well as a bit of a get around bike. Most important of all is that my 4 year old daughter loves the pink which was her idea in the first place.

will post one last time on this when the decals are on

http://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu10 ... Muirwoods/

It would be beneficial to get the NOS decals scanned into a sign shop's pc so that they can be stored and reprinted if necessary.

Well i'll see what arrives but i hope to be getting a couple of sets of everything the guy has. Happy to make them available to someone to get them scanned if they are returned

Have you got a frame number?

I have just got a blue Marin Muirwoods frame and I already have a garish orange Marin one at home.

I think the blue one is 1994 as it resembles the other 94 in these postings.
Are you finsished with your project here yet?

stokepa31":1pojjl5d said:
Hi All

This is my first post on the forum. Inspired by some of the great piccies and discussions on here, I have decided to finally get round to doing a complete overhall of my Muirwoods.

I have attached some piccies so you can see stage one. The bike hs since been blasted and primed and is now at the paintshop for a black metallic finish before I build her back up.

I have got a NOS biopace crank set and a new 200gs front mech. may have to recondition the 200gs rear der as have had no luck with a NOS version.

I have a marin stem which was also blasted and will be in black metallic too.

Cable set will be in baby pink which I think will look sweet against the black. even managed to get some pink brake blocks and a pink cage.

My nod to modern times will be to replace the canties with deore V brakes and the flat bar with an easton riser variety. Have a bad back so an upright riding position is a must.

I am struggling with decals though. got some off ebay but although reasonable quality, I dont like the font. If anyone can help me with sourcing the original font, it would be greatly appreciated.

Am also not yet decided on a wheelset so any ideas for some would be welcomed.

will post more pics when she gets back from the paintshop but the exitement levels are rising fast in anticipation of the build.

Thanks for all the inspiration your work has provided.

Regards
Paul

Back