1992 GT Xizang LE

Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys,

After some time looking for parts I have finally finished my GT Xizang... again ;-) I've sold this frame some two years ago (maybe longer) and regretted it ever since. Funny thing is I saw this coming up for sale again as an 18" frame but it looked so familiar I saw it was my 16" immediately. Bought it right back off the seller without thinking twice about it! It rides like a dream!! I had a GT 2x4 fork coming in, but it got lost in the mail (it's delivered now) and I've found a very good condition MAG-20 so I went for that... when the MAG fails I'll have a spare fork/headset/stem ;-)

Bike has new decals made by Gil_M, everything M735 XT, GT stem and handlebar, XT seatpost (had to use a shim because the seat tube has been reamed to 27.4), Onza tires and of course MAG-20 fork. Nothing special (that's for KLEIN bikes LOL) because this one is going to be a rider... I thought I'd post some pictures here too (phone pics, sorry):

Now all I still need is a bottle holder, didn't have one yet and the weather was so great I had to try the bike... thinking something black, and just a normal one (no Ringle or anything).

Attachments

• xizang004.jpg
    xizang004.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 1,638
  • xizang003.jpg
    xizang003.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 1,625
  • xizang002.jpg
    xizang002.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,637
  • xizang001.jpg
    xizang001.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 1,642
That's a beauty! Nicely build with the XT parts for a good rider.

The outer chainring looks a bit too modern IMHO...

Re:

Beauty (I like that outer ring!) .. however, your U-II brake brace is the one designed for an under-the-chain-stay mounting arrangement (hence hes the pointier top, and a built-in shark-tooth) ... but since yours is the seat-stay mounting type, it'd look a wee bit 'cleaner' if you were to source one of the braces designed for your specific application.

Not that it really matters though, really.

Re:

Looking good! Beautiful bit of woodland too.
Started work on Mine today. Hope it looks as cool as yours. Even if a 97 :)

Re: Re:

k-rod":3bw197m8 said:
Beauty (I like that outer ring!) .. however, your U-II brake brace is the one designed for an under-the-chain-stay mounting arrangement (hence hes the pointier top, and a built-in shark-tooth) ... but since yours is the seat-stay mounting type, it'd look a wee bit 'cleaner' if you were to source one of the braces designed for your specific application.

Not that it really matters though, really.

Yeah I also liked that outer ring (it's the middle one that I've bought new btw LOL)... it fits the crankset/pedals very well, I think.

The U-Brake is one without the Shark Tooth btw, I've bought the brake NOS (BR-M733) and indeed it came with one of those integrated Shark Tooth braces, but I still had one without around so I changed it (of course):

Attachments

• xizang-ubrake.jpg
    xizang-ubrake.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,471
I think there is a serial number thread you might find help on there!

My one is TTN103 (I think from not a good memory!)

Dosnt say made in USA as the early ones were made in Canada mines a 1990

Latest posts

Back