1992? Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX frame.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello all. For sale is this much travelled (on retrobike) Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX frame. It's bounced around from member to member due to a previous owner thinking it was a good idea to remove a stuck seatpost by tearing open the seat tube around the area the seat clamp goes :roll: this led to a few small cracks around this area. These were not caused by over use or a frame fault but by brute force.

I have now had the damage welded up but have once again reached critical mass in my house so this needs a new home. The repaired area needs a tidy up but should be fine after that. The rest of the frame has a few dings and I think the rear mech hanger needs straightening but this is a perfect frame for someone to test their painting and fettleing skills on and should build up in to a half decent bike after that.

Included in the sale is the bottom bracket which is in fine working order. It's a 21" frame with 23.5" top tube so too big for me if I'm honest. It owes me £30 so I'll offer it out at that posted to the UK.

Rojo's got first dibs as I got it from him but if he doesn't want it I'll sell to the first person that PM's me saying they defo want it. :cool:

Attachments

• Alpinestars 001.jpg
    Alpinestars 001.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 963
  • Alpinestars 005.jpg
    Alpinestars 005.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 963
  • Alpinestars 004.jpg
    Alpinestars 004.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 963
i hate to ask but anything your after trade-wise ? all my moneys tied up at the moment :(

elPedro666":38nqqxbn said:
Critical mass?!? Lightweight!

Get that shed built :p

Shut it you! :LOL: I have a small brain so when I've got lots of projects on the go I blow a fuse and don't end up fixing any of them. I'm also sick of falling over this frame :roll:

:LOL:
Smooth work Rik!

The rule is 4 per room (although none actually allowed in the bedroom so that's 8per here), and frames don't count ;)

I have to keep Kiran happy too - you should be making the most of it, although it's true I get confused as to what I should be fixing too... :? Shame this is so big.

Hi Edd thanks for thinking of me with this frame , sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. As I told you been hospital with daughter after the accident that happened. So been busy looking after her, I been feeling crap about it.

Anyway if Alex is keen on the frame, please let him have it, he will do a better job than me.

Thanks again for holding intill you heard from me. ;)

Back