1991 Klein Pinnacle (finished on page 25)

I do feel like a longer seat post would offer some solace as to how much stress you are exerting on the frame. As to color I think green or Magenta are the way to go. I sometimes wish I had gone back to the original Magenta color but I didn't know if I could do a "Pink" bike. The fork on mine is a Spinner fork that came with the frame. The shaft will have no shoulders and can actually be moved left or right in the bottom bracket. Likely the Loctite has given way or the shaft took a good bump and shifted over. I drilled a hole in a 4"x4" chunk of lumber to support the outer bearings as I tapped the shaft into placed and the correct depth. Worked like a charm and didn't mar the paint on the BB

Sorry for the end of communication yesterday, but it was way past bedtime already 🥱

I have the seatpost on my Pinnacle round about the same length inserted and keep telling myself that this is enough. But ideally it really should extend a couple of cms further down. I even sourced a post which does just this, but it´s in the queue for anodising and I´m being lazy with the prep 🙄
No worries, thanks for chiming back in. I'll have to give this serious thought using the 250mm Syncros I may have access to, @HuskyDinoBomber has similar concerns. Seems to me the seatpost portion below the bottom edge of the top tub isn't doing much?

Do you think the rattle-can paint is removeable? The flashes of pink underneath are tantalising!
Just tried a bit of environmentally friendly paint remover on some spots, need to source some of the good stuff, it barely upsets the old paint, had some success though, one portion that under the down tube is revealing a big patch of silver or lack of pink, so most likely will need a full respray but I too am curious to see what's below if possible before the full preparation for respray, stay tuned..

I do feel like a longer seat post would offer some solace as to how much stress you are exerting on the frame. As to color I think green or Magenta are the way to go. I sometimes wish I had gone back to the original Magenta color but I didn't know if I could do a "Pink" bike. The fork on mine is a Spinner fork that came with the frame. The shaft will have no shoulders and can actually be moved left or right in the bottom bracket. Likely the Loctite has given way or the shaft took a good bump and shifted over. I drilled a hole in a 4"x4" chunk of lumber to support the outer bearings as I tapped the shaft into placed and the correct depth. Worked like a charm and didn't mar the paint on the BB
Thanks for the feedback. I'm kinda leaning toward the green option, yours came out very nice. Thanks for suggesting the RAL6018 green, it seems to match the factory tone quite well. Good to know about the BB details. Think it will sit as it for now. Having the drive side closer to the frame is giving a better chainline. Would hate for it to move while riding. Would love to find a Spinner. Finding the right fork is what I'm most concerned with now

Why not polish the frame and protect w/ clear coat? Suntour xc is another seatpost option.
I love a polished aluminum frame and it's a great option. Having went this route with my Cannondale M800 already I want this one to be "Klein" colourful! Favoring the green option a bit right now. I can tell my non cyclist friends it's a Seinfeld replica :LOL:

Suntour XC post are one of my favorites, did they ever have a black option?

At the swap meet after putting the frame in my car I was on the hunt for wheels 🧐

Thanks @Retro_Roy for pointing out the set with Mavic 230 SUP and M737 hubs. Lightest wheels I've put on the scale. Double butted spokes and alloy nipples 😍

Not sure about the 3DV nipple color but we'll see about leaving or carefully removing it.

They are not very period correct but I'll let it go with them only being a few years newer.

I had great successes converting them to 130mm spacing last night and not one grinder was used. While swapping only the cassette body to seven speed the the axle to 130mm I was able to reuse all the other bits (accept the cassette body dust cap which has a much bigger opening.

Very nice wheels
20220920_143117741_iOS.jpg

Back