1991 Klein Pinnacle (finished on page 25)

I'm going back in... I'd hate to have regrets for just letting it go.
😲 He's going back in!!! 😲

💪 💪 💪

It looks great, but I know exactly where you're coming from. If you know you can get it looking better again, you might as well just go for it and have another squeaky-bum-time spraying session just to put to bed the voices in your head and have no regrets. The worse that can happen is that you might need to do some additional rubbing down and extra polishing once cured, but let's not go there!

We're all routing for ya from the other side of the pond! 💪✨:cool:

What a worth while effort! Night & day difference. Wet sanded with 2000 grit and then slowly emptied the third can of varnish followed by the 20% remaining in the first two cans, I could have done with another half can but all good.

@Imlach I'd recommend the Montana varnish. I'd say it's much less prone to running than Rust oleum. I layed it on pretty thick and it never ran.

It may be hard to tell much difference from the below picture and pictures from Sunday but in person its much, much smoother, especially in the highest visibility areas

:cool:

Now... on to the fun part! Things like front derailleur clamps & decals will wait a few days but it can start taking shape 😁

20221018_011628185_iOS.jpg

Looking good brother

Glad the varnish was up to the task. Where'd ye spray it? Got a heated paint booth tent thing or did you do it in the shed? Getting cold and damp there in West Canada isn't it?

Looking good brother

Glad the varnish was up to the task. Where'd ye spray it? Got a heated paint booth tent thing or did you do it in the shed? Getting cold and damp there in West Canada isn't it?
Thanks

It is the warmest autumn weather seen in these parts, maybe ever.. We're breaking records daily it seems so my detached garage has been more than suitable temperature wise. Just in time though, this weekend the weather trend is moving toward cooler more seasonable temps 👍

Thanks

It is the warmest autumn weather seen in these parts, maybe ever.. We're breaking records daily it seems so my detached garage has been more than suitable temperature wise. Just in time though, this weekend the weather trend is moving toward cooler more seasonable temps 👍
Been warm here in Denmark too, last night I cycled at 3 am with just a light shirt on and my joggers, no socks in my shoes, felt warm and toasty. Not bad for the heating bill.

Looking forward to seeing the whole thing come together.

Phew, glad it worked out for you, it´s looking really great!

Kinda jealous you had the time to pull through, over here are also the last days for laying down paint (well in my non- heated garage at least). No time for that though, looks like it´s next year then :(

Phew, glad it worked out for you, it´s looking really great!

Kinda jealous you had the time to pull through, over here are also the last days for laying down paint (well in my non- heated garage at least). No time for that though, looks like it´s next year then :(
Thanks!

Too bad having to wait but better done right with proper temperatures.

Or, you could do like I did last year during the winter where I set up a "paint booth" in my finished basement sharing with a tiny boiler room c/w drop sheets taped to the ceiling 🤣, no joke! The family was not impressed with enduring the smell of fumes for a few hours but they got over it 😅

Back