1991 Klein Pinnacle (finished on page 25)

Careful with oily hands! Wear nitrite gloves yesterday! Also, you will get smoother results wet sanding BUT you have to be extra cautious with burning through your color layer. Always go finer grit if you're worried. 500 mL warm distilled water + a few drops of dish soap. Let the sand paper soak for a moment and flush/fold often. Sand paper is cheap; redoing a stage is a pita. I am a big fan of wet sanding between stages, but to each their own! Irrespective, you're making progress.

It’ll be nerve wracking for sure. A big reason I’m waiting 5 days for green to cure, pretty much no reason to with 6-8 hours cure time required but I’m away this weekend so a no-brainer to let it sit in the furnace room a few days more. After this whole challenging process getting a good clear coat will be a huge relief.

I’ve watched some videos showing Montana Varnish being applied on bikes. Looks like it sets up and dries quickly so hopefully less chance of runs. Only 5 minutes between coats. I have two cans and will return the second if first can produces a good/thick enough coat.

Sunday afternoon clearcoat will be unleashed! :eek::oops::LOL:

It’ll be nerve wracking for sure. A big reason I’m waiting 5 days for green to cure, pretty much no reason to with 6-8 hours cure time required but I’m away this weekend so a no-brainer to let it sit in the furnace room a few days more. After this whole challenging process getting a good clear coat will be a huge relief.

I’ve watched some videos showing Montana Varnish being applied on bikes. Looks like it sets up and dries quickly so hopefully less chance of runs. Only 5 minutes between coats. I have two cans and will return the second if first can produces a good/thick enough coat.

Sunday afternoon clearcoat will be unleashed! :eek::oops::LOL:
A good weeks curing will do wonders for the sturdiness of the paintjob, and with the clear I'd also cure that for a good little workweek if able

Last edited:
Back