1991 (?) Jamis Dakota

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The older the better. In my eyes it adds to the value
I think I'll go with this brakes to further add to the value.
IMG_20220906_195927.jpg
At the moment, they are gathering dust in the parts box, and they are too good for that.
The Jamis is also the optimal bike for these cantis with its beautifully crafted cable guides.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone else reads this, I've been busy with other things for a long time now. Now, just before the holiday, I have brought out the Jamis again. The paint is really ruined and it will definitely need a new one. I just don't know what exactly.
In any case, glossy and metallic...
I think fading would be nice, especially since I don't have anything like that on a bike yet. The groupset and wheels will be completely silver and the decals I already have are golden....
It would be good to use them too.
I had some ideas...
ZomboDroid_15082023125041.jpg
What do you guys think?

Missed this thread somehow. I really like Jamis frames / bikes and this is great. Also like your component choices. Gold decals and silver rims? I wonder if a deep blue metallic as a main colour would look good.

Yeah, Jamis had a blue version of the fram so that would fit. But I already have a matte blue GT and I am really into a fading paintjob.....Difficult decision...
The Suntour parts are meanwhile in use on another bike but I collected a nice XT 737 groupset with cantis for this one. I think this will look good aswell.

Green and gold fade could look good. Gold decals on the green. Or blue with white or silver/metallic grey. My bikes are all very boring colours so you should probably take these suggestions with a big pinch of salt ;). XT will always go well.

Green and gold fade could look good. Gold decals on the green. Or blue with white or silver/metallic grey. My bikes are all very boring colours so you should probably take these suggestions with a big pinch of salt ;). XT will always go well.
I wouldn't go so far as to call monochrome bikes boring but I know what you mean. It looks the same on me.
So this one is a good chance to try something new.

Latest posts

Back