1991 (?) Jamis Dakota

alright, just checked,
Jamis is listed only in 1991 and 1992 of the portfolio lists in the Bike magazine

View attachment 704395

View attachment 704396

I also do have buyers guide from the spanish SoloBici magazine from 1991 till 1995.
Jamis is not at all listed there.
Just as a side note, I find this interesting: a 1992 Jamis Dakar seems to be 10.2 kgs? If correct, that makes it …22.5 lbs?!? For a steel hardtail? I want one! 😀 Pretty awesome!
Also, thank you for sharing this old, historical, Jamis material.

I like these. I wonder what this project costed in total, as it's meant to be a nice low-budget one..
I make a note of the expenses so far. The account is settled at the end.
Low budget, like everything else, is relative. For me, an oldie with great technology and soul is low budget if it is cheaper than a current entry-level bike. As far as that goes, I'm confident 😁
If low budget means under 100€, then I'm afraid it doesn't fit here.

Just as a side note, I find this interesting: a 1992 Jamis Dakar seems to be 10.2 kgs? If correct, that makes it …22.5 lbs?!? For a steel hardtail? I want one! 😀 Pretty awesome!
I'll hang the frame and fork on the scales once I've taken everything apart.

Reactions: R-V
If you note that a Marin Team Issue from '93 weighs 9.9 kg all xtr equipped, that's indeed pretty awesome...

It all makes perfect sense. I have now renamed the thread.
I'll have a look at the stamps on the Shimano parts when I take it apart.

I had them made at lane 6 riders as I couldn't find them anywhere. There are some on ebay, but for later models than mine. But you can ask everywhere where you can have stickers or foils made. If you want to paint them over and have a drawing program, time and access to a colour laser printer, you can of course make them yourself and print them on water transfer film. It's so thin that it won't show under the clearcoat. However, this works best if the paint is lighter than the decals.
Thanks for the response! Seems like my best option if I do go with the older ones would be to message Lane 6 Riders myself and inquire about your design. As the frame I'm getting doesn't have the decals I want reproduced on it, I don't have any decent source material to make a copy of. But the more I think about it, the more I think I'll like it best with the 1998 ones. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your project!

Back