1991 (?) Jamis Dakota

Thanks for the infos!
Hmmm they are all welded. I found something at https://mtbtimeline.com/wiki/jamis/start. The frame looks like a 1990 Diablo. Maybe from this series with later decals and parts.
Since I'm talking about parts... I'm going to build it with a Suntour XC groupset because I found something there....
Tomorrow evening there will be new pictures.
That Diablo i saw was white. I think it was '93-'95 ish, but i'm not sure.

That Diablo i saw was white. I think it was '93-'95 ish, but i'm not sure.
Yes, I also have the feeling that they have re-labelled and equipped the remaining frames for the new model year. Maybe I can find out something from Jamis about the frame number...

Do you also have the buyers guides from 89 till 92?
yes, but those include no pictures and very few facts only.
I also have to check if Jamis is listed there, not sure if they had already an official distributor in Germany at this earlier years

I'm curious where you got the decals? I have a '98 Dakota frame coming. Perhaps it's considered sacrilegious here, but I was considering using the earlier decals if I could find them.

I'm curious where you got the decals? I have a '98 Dakota frame coming. Perhaps it's considered sacrilegious here, but I was considering using the earlier decals if I could find them.
I had them made at lane 6 riders as I couldn't find them anywhere. There are some on ebay, but for later models than mine. But you can ask everywhere where you can have stickers or foils made. If you want to paint them over and have a drawing program, time and access to a colour laser printer, you can of course make them yourself and print them on water transfer film. It's so thin that it won't show under the clearcoat. However, this works best if the paint is lighter than the decals.

Back