1991 Cannondale SE2000

Small update.
Well, not much to mention actually. Nothing has changed. This bike hardly drove 75 km in the almost six years since I got it. No mods have been done. Just cleaned it a few months back, since it is only in my garage catching dust.
I did drive it max 20 km, a female friend of mine drove the other km.
I would want to take out for a decent ride, but this bike is too small for me. So I just watch at it from time to time. :)

k-rod":3pbvskes said:
time to sell it to a shorter-legged person?

Eventually I will sell it one day, but there is no rush. I want to keep it in the shape it is in for now. All parts work like new, so that's great.

Hi Beta,

That's a very cool find. I remember seeing one back in the day on a Sunday toertocht, and it left a big impression!

If you don't mind me asking: where in Belgium are you located? I'm near Leuven.

Take care

PaintedDesert":38hr5nyp said:
Hi Beta,

That's a very cool find. I remember seeing one back in the day on a Sunday toertocht, and it left a big impression!

If you don't mind me asking: where in Belgium are you located? I'm near Leuven.

Take care

I am from Oudenaarde.
Haha, I remember I saw one as a 13 year old on a language summer camp at the coast. I was quite impressed. I also saw one at a mountainbike happening in my region, one or two years later. The second one had a Rock Shox instead of the Pepperoni. Made sense.
It is a bit an odd bike to drive. And you definitely feel the pedal kick back when the rear suspension works.

Re:

wondering why would the original owner purchase such a serious machine if he didn't have any intention of using it for serious fun? Great find!

I got My Cannondale SE 2000 1991 last week. Spectacular conditio

I got my 1991 Cannondale SE 2000 22" last week.

Quite special: Factory delivered Frame and original vintage custom build up with Rock Shox fork and Answer Stem in neon pink. Supercool and rare. Will be making some modifications to bring it back into racing condition soon ...

Attachments

• Cannondale SE 2000 Web 1.jpg
    Cannondale SE 2000 Web 1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 282
  • Cannondale SE 2000 Web 2.jpg
    Cannondale SE 2000 Web 2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 281
  • Cannondale SE 2000 Web 3.jpg
    Cannondale SE 2000 Web 3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Cannondale SE 2000 Web 4.jpg
    Cannondale SE 2000 Web 4.jpg