1990's, Second hand MTB shop in Sarf London

I once swapped some RST Mojos in for a pair of Lawwill Leaders with them!

Don't think it was those chaps at recycle though...

There was a Recycle bike shop that no longer exists now. I swapped a Kona lavadome frame in there for a XTR v-brake kit.

Re: RetroBike Shop

rocky mountain":unff3n6j said:
would it be feasable to set up a real shop now?

or could some good bike shops set up a retrobike counter franchise inside the shop?

meh. When I inquired about some XT thumb shifters for my basic steed ( a teen can dream! see LGF "my f1rst mountain bike" thread!) in mid/late 94 a certain very popular fashionable shop up north laughed at me down the phone and wanted to know why I "want an old man's shifter".

Re: RetroBike Shop

sorry i got optimistic about bike shops, i had had a couple of cool drinks

after numerous encounters with bike shops over the years, wankers, crap service, crap mechanics etc i really wonder how they keep going..... thank god for the internet!

mind you i have found a good shop in snorbens.....

taffy":9fgxd2is said:
rocky mountain":9fgxd2is said:
would it be feasable to set up a real shop now?

or could some good bike shops set up a retrobike counter franchise inside the shop?

meh. When I inquired about some XT thumb shifters for my basic steed ( a teen can dream! see LGF "my f1rst mountain bike" thread!) in mid/late 94 a certain very popular fashionable shop up north laughed at me down the phone and wanted to know why I "want an old man's shifter".

Think the Recycle bike shop was on Croyden road in South London. It was next to The Fridge bike shop. Its sadly all gone now, replaced by some flats i think?

The Fridge

Kentphil":1siac5zb said:
Think the Recycle bike shop was on Croyden road in South London. It was next to The Fridge bike shop. Its sadly all gone now, replaced by some flats i think?

That the one!
Who ran it?

Back