1990ish Condor?

nevadasmith":2nrg58if said:
It's a Nigel Dean - Please sell it to me!!

so if it is a Nigel Dean Nevada, has someone had it painted and decaled to look like this?

I am presuming this would have been shipped to Australia when someone immigrated to here with all their other items.

sruss67":64ins3fu said:
nevadasmith":64ins3fu said:
It's a Nigel Dean - Please sell it to me!!

so if it is a Nigel Dean Nevada, has someone had it painted and decaled to look like this?

I am presuming this would have been shipped to Australia when someone immigrated to here with all their other items.

sruss67":64ins3fu said:
seatpost size is 30.0mm and it is an o/s 1+1/8" steerer tube/fork.

The frame is tig welded Reynolds 531 Magnum with a brazed BB shell - not a common combination for a UK built frame.

Nigel Dean was a ex UK pro road rider who built frames through the 80's into the early 90's under his own brand. He also supplied mid range bikes to two large UK London shops (condor and evans) for them to re-brand and sell on, they both made their own high end bikes - hence the other Condors on your thread being fillet brazed etc. I think he eventually went under after an attempt to import Pacific bikes went badly - they never took off in the UK and it kind of co-incided with the peak of the MTB boom over here.

Looking at the detail and geometry of this frame it is exactly the same as mine, even the BS safety sticker is the same. I am sure that it is a Nigel Dean Nevada, re-branded as a Condor and sold from their shop - that would explain why it has no Condor serial number (it wasn't made by them). Your bike would have cost about £550 in the UK BITD, making it equivalent in price to something like a Pine Mountain/GT Avalanche/Cinder Cone etc - mid range but with slightly lower than par components as the Frame was more expensive to make in the UK than in taiwan like the competition.

Thank you nevadasmith for the info, seems you have researched Nigel Dean quite a lot with your beautiful Nevada :D

I have tried to find pictures on the www but not a lot of information around regarding these bikes.

Back