1990 Yo Eddy Questions...

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So... Branching out my collection... not a good thing...

Picked up a 1990 Yo Eddy.... Serial Number is ###Y07 so I assume "Y" for Yo Eddy, "0" for 1990, and "7" for 17"

It's gonna need a full paint job and build from the ground up...

It's missing the seat post clamp and seat post...

Do I need a 29.4 ?? I see Thompson makes a half decent one... any thoughts on this?

I need a seat clamp... What should I be looking for? Any suggestions? Anyone have an original one to sell??? What size for aftermarket? there is what looks to be a loop brazed on, is that for a height right? or just for the seat clamp? when getting a seat clamp (assuming I can't source the original) do I need a special one to work with that brazed on loop?

Do I have to to use a bottom pull front mech or can I remove the pulley and go top pull?

Thanks!

shutter":w594i1sf said:
Serial Number is ###Y07 so I assume "Y" for Yo Eddy, "0" for 1990, and "7" for 17"

Yes
Do I need a 29.4 ?? I see Thompson makes a half decent one... any thoughts on this?

Yes. Depends on how you feel about period-correctness, but the Thomson post is fine. Period ones like the Sakae TCO can be found pretty easily.

I need a seat clamp... What should I be looking for? Any suggestions?

Anyone have an original one to sell??? What size for aftermarket? there is what looks to be a loop brazed on, is that for a height right? or just for the seat clamp? when getting a seat clamp (assuming I can't source the original) do I need a special one to work with that brazed on loop?

Original Yo seatclamps were 31.8 DKG made and had a little green rubber boot. The loop is for a Hite Rite, and any aftermarket brand deep enough that allows the passage of the binder bolt through the HR hole should work.

Do I have to to use a bottom pull front mech or can I remove the pulley and go top pull?

Run a pulley. It's so much cleaner.

Awesome thanks!

I'll probably watch ebay for a sakae TCO as it looks more period correct

I have a couple 31.8 clamps, I'll experiment

Will any generic pulley with M5 bolt do the trick? my frame came completely bare so don't have one

thanks!

I wouldn't think the loop is for a Hite-Rite, but rather to keep the seat clamp from rotating -- it isn't a separate loop like an old Salsa, but a piece the seat bolt passes through, right?

I'd also run a pulley.

Let's see some pics!

yo-Nate-y":38bmt3kv said:
I wouldn't think the loop is for a Hite-Rite, but rather to keep the seat clamp from rotating -- it isn't a separate loop like an old Salsa, but a piece the seat bolt passes through, right?

I'd also run a pulley.

Let's see some pics!

Correct, it's a loop the seat post bokt could pass through

Pics soon... Maybe in a week or so

Still debating whether to use the original fork or mag 21

Back