1990 Specialized Rock Hopper Resurrection

Really like the cockpit, the sweep looks comfortable.
Yes, I was also wondering what's that bar?
It seems to be a nice compromise of a much more comfortable riding position for daily usage but a style which is not drawing to much of attention like those fancy hipster bars.
@KayOs Would you mind to share the name or link?

The handlebars are actually very comfortable. Unfortunately, there is a small problem with the manufacturer.... I got the handlebars from a colleague who brought over a box of bicycle parts that had been gathering dust in his cellar for years. Unfortunately, there is no manufacturer on it. But I think it could be this one, it looks almost exactly the same.

Just read our post all the way through, what a great build. Can you tell me how the Big Apples compare with the Billy Bonkers please?

I guess it's just not possible to kill those things. I'm currently working on one I found under a trailer on some property I bought, yours has MUCH better components but mine also will see the light of day again, I vow it ...

I pretty much have to paint mine, coincidentally I'm thinking baby blue, which is just so Miami Vice ya know? What goes around comes around... Also I like the "satin finish" treatment. Two enthusiastic thumbs up

Just read our post all the way through, what a great build. Can you tell me how the Big Apples compare with the Billy Bonkers please?
Thanks!
I have actually ridden both tyres and have to say
I like the Billy Bonkers better. They are a bit lighter, roll easier and have more reserves in light terrain. The Big Apple in 2.35 are softer, which is also quite pleasant.

I guess it's just not possible to kill those things. I'm currently working on one I found under a trailer on some property I bought, yours has MUCH better components but mine also will see the light of day again, I vow it ...

I pretty much have to paint mine, coincidentally I'm thinking baby blue, which is just so Miami Vice ya know? What goes around comes around... Also I like the "satin finish" treatment. Two enthusiastic thumbs up
Also a big thank you!
Yes, that's what I love about the old steel bikes, they just can't be killed and are incredibly versatile.
I'm curious to see what yours looks like now and when it's finished.

Latest posts

Back