1990 Klein Attitude AT13D

BobUSA

Retro Newbie
Hello friends,
Rewind back to 1990 and I am in a Chicago bike shop. And there it is. The Klein Attitude in retina bruising Pink white and Green. Ridiculously huge bottom tube, amazing welds and a handlebar set called Mission Control One. Sorry Trek 870 that I had just rewelded the chainstay on, this is my new ride. Campagnolo Kappa rims and Shimano Deore XT Blackout gruppo. I recall many downhill lift biking adventures, bridal path tours and when I finally went urban the sprints on the Chicago lakeshore on conti slicks. I also recall some wipeouts, some knicks, and many rear wheels being replaced from poorly timed hops across curbs and rocks. In fact the rear wheel is now a two ding Spinergy Rox wheel which is another throwback. And it has my first ever Thompson seat post which I still repeat on my bikes today. The rest of the bike is stock plus Scott At4 grips, Onzo bar ends, and Shimano 727 clipless pedals. Its an XL frame, has some paint chips, nicks and scrapes but is very nice with no real fading of the paint. The cables are fraying at the ends on the derailleur, the seat is a bit disgruntled but overall this is an 7+ out of 10 bike. With very little spend it can be great once again. So, I humbly ask of you, my new forum friends, what is my bike worth?

Attachments

• k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 683
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 682
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 686
  • k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 683
  • k5.jpg
    k5.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 683
Re: Value

From a UK perspective then probably around £2000. Not sure about US as the prices are weaker due to better availability. Maybe more in parts of Europe but certainly £2500 max to Germany. The size limits its appeal a little as the Mediums are unsurprisingly most popular.

I get the impression prices have softened a little in the last few months as more bikes have come out of the woodwork but I think generally these bikes remain interesting to many.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Any way to decode the frame number data?
AT=Attitude
13=?
D=Dolomite (paint code)

The MC1 has A00A on it.

Thanks!
Bob

Wow - a big one!

Joking aside, the fact it's a proper size means you might be able to get a little bit more than usual.

Back