1989 Kona Fire Mountain - Work in progress

appreciate that duke thanks, ill keep a look out for tiogas aswell as ritchey megabites which another member has informed me about.

noooo dont start me down that route! plus i quite like the U Brake/ canti situation! cheers anyway mate :D

added a few bits to the FM, new stem and bars up front and fitted a cassette finally
StembarsFM.jpg

I assumed the old stem was an early velocity but it isnt. Anyone guess what company made this stem? ;) never noticed it stamped on the front before.
muddyfoxstem.jpg

Thumby and diacompes
controls.jpg

Still undecided about tyre colour, still grey or butterscotch in my head, opinions? should be a bit of fun this one once finished anyway. Also, im still trying to pick up a cheap white turbo but my word, damn those fixie guys and their interest in those :evil: even battered ones go for more than id wish to pay :LOL:

the highly unoriginal Fire Mountain is almost finished now :LOL:
STX rear mech in very good nick, picked up off the bay, and all the cabling now complete using jagwire white cables

almostfinished2.jpg

Still unsure on the bar ends but will have them on for her maiden voyage in a few weeks.

almostfinished3.jpg

i was spending lots of time finding a turbo saddle that didnt go for silly money on ebay, finally paid a low price for one, a bit of cracking to it but its good enough for this ride thats for sure

almostfinished1.jpg

Also added some wellgo flats, heavy pedals but to honest the bike already weighs as much as my Vauxhall Vectra :LOL: still havnt decided on tyres, if its going to be black (which it probably will be as i cant find any biscuit / butterscotch / grey), im looking for some amberwalls in very good condition. Itll be used in the autumn for my pre baiting trips to a lake, which is almost completely canal towpath so i think 1.95 or even 1.75 tyres will suffice. I suppose ill just see what comes up.

thanks again to everyone that i have delt with and bought parts off so far :cool:
ian

im loving this site.........im new and i turn a page and theres more kona talk.......gotta get mine out of the shed thes bikes are sooo cooooooool,

sadly my alloy kona is truly wrecked but ive see two threads already and all the builds are amazing i cant believe it.........ive decided i gotta do it, im at last inspired,,,,,,,,,,,,,i hope you post a pic when its toally finished, look at this fellas too , it shows hard work pays off, :shock:

http://s850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65 ... urrection/

thanks a lot mate, i appreciate that :)
mine is light years off the standard of some members bikes on here, this forum also spurred me to get my arse into gear, it has that affect.

Just picked up some Nos Psycho 2's to finish it off (for now), ill post a pic next weekend when i take her out

ian

Back