1988 rektek TITANIUM

my good buddy woodsie has the ear of maurice lavoie. he contacted maurice today and showed him these pictures.
maurice responded with a `yes that is one that i built. that would have been 1988.' woodsie is doing more digging.
hopefully find out a little bit more about this frame and possibly some additional lavoie info. stay tuned.

i have put some time into this one recently. who knows it might get done soon. renewed interest from the additional info.

Lots of Lavoie info in this thread:

recent developments on the origin for this one sparked renewed interest.

weather was pretty crappy here yesterday. so had a beers and bikes session with vintageman.

this is the results. i am pretty darn happy with it. i don't think much will change on it. but you
never know, it is a bit of a parts bin build. meaning eventually a part upgrade or new option
might happen. with a little luck i will take this on out our weekly thursday ride. fingers crossed
there are no problems.

rek tek x2.jpg rek tek x3.jpg rek tek x5.jpg rek tek x4.jpg rek tek x6.jpg rek tek x7.jpg rek tek x8.jpg rek tek x1.jpg

Looks great Roy, I think the parts bin build really works, look forward to seeing it in person Thursday :cool: 👌

What a great find and build. Loving the patina/scars/history on this one. Nice choice of components too. Looks like it’ll be one sweet ride. Do you normally run your front tyres in reverse?

Back