1988 Muddy Fox Aluminum - NOW FINISHED PICS ON 4 & 5

xxnick1975

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I picked this up of Robbo, from the for sale section. It arrived today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 594
Re: 1988 Muddy Fox Aluminum

Some photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 596
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 595
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 596

Its amazingly complete and original, MF branded tyres, grips, hubs, pedals, headset, bottom bracket, bars, stem and saddle!

But boy is it dirty!

Here is the catalogue scan and full spec

Attachments

• cat scan.jpg
    cat scan.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 326
  • spec sheet.jpg
    spec sheet.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 327

The plan for this one is for a complete tear down, clean and fettle then rebuild it back up. My friend is getting married on Saturday, his name is muddy, so he is getting this as his wedding present!

Here's where I got to by close of play tonight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 581

xxnick1975":rrsqj8b0 said:
The plan for this one is for a complete tear down, clean and fettle then rebuild it back up. My friend is getting married on Saturday, his name is muddy, so he is getting this as his wedding present!

thats awesome, nice to know the old fox will bring some happiness, enjoy cleaning the dirty fecka!! lol

will have my work cut out to get it finished by the weekend, especially as tonight its World Cup watching :facepalm:

will aim for after the honeymoon, give him something to look forward to!

I almost bought one of these a few weeks back, but.. Aluminum! I'm not very OCD usually, but that'd drive me bonkers! Would probably have to create new decals with an additional 'i'. :)

Re:

spatuluk":1ypgp1pv said:
I almost bought one of these a few weeks back, but.. Aluminum! I'm not very OCD usually, but that'd drive me bonkers! Would probably have to create new decals with an additional 'i'. :)

Dont let that stop you. I'm very impressed by the quality of this bike, the frame and fork are really nice, the frame is made in Japan and was basically 20 years ahead of its time, the non shimano components are also all quality

quite fancy keeping hold myself, if only i hadn't promised it already (and too many others)

the other brilliant thing about the frame is.....no rust! :LOL:

Back