1988 Kona Cinder Cone?

Simon wood

Retro Newbie
Hi, I'm not a collector but have what I believe is an original Kona Cinder Cone from 1988 (I'm pretty sure that is when I bought it). It saw a lot of service but now struggling for space... As far as I am aware it is all original apart from the saddle and tyres. Can some please confirm I am correct? Many thanks, Simon Wood

Attachments

• IMG_3310 copy.jpg
    IMG_3310 copy.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 486
Re:

Cool! I think you might be right about '88, it's got the u-brake at the rear.
I've a 1990 Cinder cone, yours is definately earlier than that.
There's folk far more expert on the old kona's thsn me, so hopefully someone can confirm if it's '88.

Re:

I think I'm right in saying the 88 & 89 Cinder Cones were the same spec., the catalogue in the archive certainly is titled 1988/1989. Kona was founded in 1988 so can't be any older than that an as Jim says the 1990 model had a different spec. (Suntour XCD as opposed to Mountain LX on the 88/89)

Link to the catalogue:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... ogue+1988/

Re:

1990s have blue splats, 88 and 89 have red and yellow only. And between the two years there are component differences which a more astute member will hopefully point out! With that SN, I think this makes it a 89 model.

Re: Re:

al-onestare":e3p5jfis said:
And between the two years there are component differences which a more astute member will hopefully point out!
A more astute member like the one directly above your post you mean? :facepalm: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back