1988 Koga Miyata ValleyRunner

Uhm... I have no idea, but nothing very special. When I acquired the bike it got an overhaul and new pads were fitted. They wore away within a blink of the eye. After that again new pads were fitted, but better ones. I think with something like Koolstop you can't go wrong.

Elev12k":494mi2zb said:
I think with something like Koolstop you can't go wrong.
True I'm using Kool Stops with same U-brake (BR-MT61) and brake works fine, even in Snowdonian steepy trails ;)

IMG_0537.jpg

MelvininSchoorl720.jpg

What a style !!!
Fine memories on the sand of Schoorl !

:cool: for the bike

V-brake pads anyone?

Yes, can't go wrong with Kool Stops and what I use for my Ceramic rims too. If anyone been using V-brake or Shimano road side-pull pads let me know how it worked out! Got a pile of them and it would save me the trouble of getting yet another type... ;)

I have a Koga Miyata Valley Runner frame set in 42cm for sale if anyone is interested. It is in nice condition but too small for me.

Those U-II brake boosters are available by the dozens, in the used parts bin at a local community bike shop here in our city. Must be tons around, if you really want one ...

Since this thread was resurrected I thought I'd post some pictures of how my project turned and to thank Elev12k and all of you for the inspiration. It came to me as a frame set missing most parts so instead of tracking down the low end Exage group I just used what I had.
There were no takers when I posted a set of NIB Magura HS33 in the sales forum so I fitted them using some "Dremel-magic". So I now have both power and modulation enough to haul my large biketrailer.
Nickel plated Nitto rack's are a work of art and turn this old mtb into a practical grocery-getter and campingbike.
Love the ticking sound from the Sun Tour XC Sport retro-friction thumb shifters and they was bought from fellow retrobiker Swede (thanks!).
The Bullmoose was rescued from a bike destined for the landfill. It took a generous amount of elbow grease to bring back the chrome but the looks and comfortable position made it all worth.

Attachments

• PSX_20150612_152213-ed.jpg
    PSX_20150612_152213-ed.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 357
  • Magura 20150422-ed 1.jpg
    Magura 20150422-ed 1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 357
  • 20151031_081512-ed.jpg
    20151031_081512-ed.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 357
Back