1988 Brodie Romax

I have a newly formulated plan now which I think ticks the box of keeping the fade and satisfies my urge to make the build my own.

This involves repainting my ICR stem yellow with red decals and repositioning the "brodie" decals to the downtube, some prefer leaving it up front on the top tube if that's how it came originally. If I went this direction I'll have two "brodie" decals far too close to each other I think, plus I like the downtube positioning and really want to add "romax" decals.

I will repaint the fork, stem and stays and touch up the main triangle

I actually like this mock up best of all so far 😁

Overboard OCD lately? 😂

Brodie Romax 23.2.jpg

I have a newly formulated plan now which I think ticks the box of keeping the fade and satisfies my urge to make the build my own.

This involves repainting my ICR stem yellow with red decals and repositioning the "brodie" decals to the downtube, some prefer leaving it up front on the top tube if that's how it came originally. If I went this direction I'll have two "brodie" decals far too close to each other I think, plus I like the downtube positioning and really want to add "romax" decals.

Overboard OCD lately? 😂

View attachment 875434
Certainly looks like a plan!!! 💪😍:cool:

Build progress

Did this last week before the frame went for repair, I figure I will treat certain tubing insides further for potential rust before assembly, Evaporust bath first

20240807_133750076_iOS.jpeg

Ended up making two trips to Jimbo’s this weekend due to my decal needs changing yesterday, always great hanging out a drooling over his collection 😁 , thanks @jimbotoad

20240812_132319719_iOS.jpeg

Turns out “John Deere Yellow” is a very good match 👍

20240812_130529079_iOS.jpeg

Overboard OCD lately? 😂

View attachment 875434
I love the look of that fade, can't wait to see the results.

I've been a bit absent here for a bit of July and most of August. What a great score Dave. I'm glad that you're sticking with the original paint for the time being. Build plans look pretty solid to me, and the final mock-up looks sweet!

Back