Re: Re:

MADB":2z0z3vi3 said:
That's harsh :shock:

Sorry, pun not intended ;)

Re: Re:

MADB":25zr0t5q said:
Cracking job you're making so far :D
That's harsh :shock:

Any here is the frame number it's meens absolutely nothing to me but I hope someone can shed some light on it.

Cheers.

[/quote]

From the picture I read the frame number as:

WS701?890 - cannot really dechiffer the 6th digit :oops:

Anyways, your frame number translates into:

W: Worksop factory (closed in 1980 and all production transferred to Nottingham; stop of usage of "W" in 1990), so in reality Nottingham factory build
S: month code; "S" being December
7: year of manufacture; thus 1987
01?890: Serial unit production number

Re: 1987 Raleigh Avanti

Cheers and thanks.
Im going to try and get the frame into Chris Marshall for it's new pain next week, it will be about 3 weeks until I get it back but it's worth it. The fame/forks etc will get properly checked and made good before painting and his finish is very nice.

Re:

Great work on the mechanicals and the wheels. The transformation on the spokes is superb - how did you do that!

Wire wool, a dab of autosol and lots of patience. I was going to get them re built with stainless steel spokes but I'm spending all my cash on getting the frame repainted but I'm happy with them now. Cheers.

Cheers.

Tyers now sorted and look nice on the shiny wheels. They might have cost a boat load of cash but only 675g for amber walls, made these a must have. :cool:

I pretty much have every sorted for this now apart from the cable outers, still don't have the frame back from Chris yet, so cable outers do I

Fit black as normal.

Fit white as I like them.

Or something a bit more radical and fit light blue at the front and white on the back following the same pastern as the frame.

What do you think?

Back