1986 Walvale for sale 55cm square FURTHER REDUCTIONS!

SNight

Retro Guru
Right, I've decided to sell my 1986 Walvale road bike. Fully refurbished just less than a year ago at C&G on smithdown road, Liverpool where it was originally finished in 1986. I'm selling to fund a new "modern" bike ready for next summer. I don't want to leave it in the shed this winter as it's damp and ideally I'd like it to go to someone who has the space to look after it properly!

Its 55cm square frame, reynolds 531c tubing, chromed Shimano dropouts, cinelli bb shell. It's a blue metallic at the front fading to pearlescent white across the rest of the bike. Full period correct shimano dura ace 7400 8 speed groupset, inc headset, pedals, seatpost and hubs. I had the wheels built up by Pete Matthews, they are 32 spoke dura ace hubs laced to nos period araya rims.

Its probably seen around 400 - 600 miles since it got refurbished and rebuilt and it rides lovely as you'd expect from a frame like this with the components it has. Considering its age it's light, ive not weighed it but comparing it to mates carbon fiber bikes it doesnt give away much! There is one tiny scratch on the top tube from use, and the seatclamp bolt has chipped a bit of the paint in its recess where it tightens up, and there is some shoe scuff on the drive side crank arm. Other than that the bike is mint as can be seen from the photos.

Im looking for around £700 ( price drop to £670, now £650, ***NOW £600***) .iThis is a rare bike, and it has top of the range period correct equipment that will give many years brilliant use for somebody. Its ready to ride. If anyone wants to view the bike or has any questions, get in touch. Postage will be £25 anywhere in the UK

Re: 1986 Walvale for sale

what a shame its not 23 inch i would have bought it in a snap 750 is right money me thinks good luck with your sale

Re: 1986 Walvale for sale 55cm square price drop

great bike.

Can you please let me know which stem and bottle cage you have on it.

thanks

Re: 1986 Walvale for sale 55cm square price drop

It's a cinelli 1A stem with hidden bolt, and an Arundel bottle cage

Back