1979 Rondinella

• Thread starter Deleted member 69416
  • Start date
It was the 68 ring I have & was a one off experiment only as on that bike back then I used a 55 or 57 ring normally

It was the 68 ring I have & was a one off experiment only as on that bike back then I used a 55 or 57 ring normally
I thought it looked bigger . How did it work out ?

Having been party to carrying weights of that magnitude up and down stairs , a 48 channel analogue mixing desk in it's flight case is about 450kg , that statement boggles my mind .
No half measures , no retreat and no surrender !
In my offshore life had to carry lots of heavy equipment from the pipe decks etc down to the wellhead area at the bottom of the rig so you become pretty strong in legs especially with the amount of stairs you have to climb up & down….Brent Charlie & Fulmar Alpha spring to mind….

I battered my knees at an early age so have had to develop strategies to cope and care for them . 6 floors in the Cafe Royal is the most that London can fling at you unless you get a gig in the disused tube station on the Strand ,150kg cable trunks up and down a spiral stair 5ft wide .There is a lift but it's listed so they won't let you use it .
Barrowlands in Glasgow is the UKs most famous stairs gig .
Agreed as I had back surgery in 93 could no longer run but didn’t stop me from having a normal life but just adapted like you did & have to watch what I lift for the rest of my life & the back hates cold climates something that won’t last long as I’ll be relocating back to warmer climes in 25.

Back