1950/60s Triumph Palm Beach

am4nf

Dirt Disciple
Got this the other day and so far all I've done is remove the brooks saddle and started to condition it and see what's left of the chrome

The plan is to try and save as much of the original paint as possible and possible just clear it

The challenge will be finding tyres, the only numbers are the 26x 1 3/8 no other sizing (ie 34-552 or whatever)

Attachments

• IMG_8037.JPG
    IMG_8037.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 819
  • IMG_8038.JPG
    IMG_8038.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 817
  • IMG_8039.JPG
    IMG_8039.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 819
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    920.6 KB · Views: 818
Re:

Sorry I've posted this in mtb instead of road, can a moderator please move it for me? Thanks in advance

My first 'proper' bike was a Palm Beach in the same red and white finish. I wanted a 'racer' but my Mum said drop handlebars gave you round shoulders and they were dangerous so I had to have one of these. It wasn't TO long before it grew a pair of drops and thereafter there was no stopping me - but that's another story! As far as I recall, the saddle was a white sprung leatherette one, nothing like the one on your bike. Are you sure it's original?

delle discese":3v81ns6h said:
Looks a great project.

Thanks, I'm still torn between keeping the patina or not, but I think it would be a shame to lose the painted decals

Back