1939 Sun Vitesse

Spokesmann

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
My current project/build is this 1939 Birmingham built Sun Vitesse. The frame and some of its parts looked ready for the skip, but O knew it could be rescued. A gift from a friend who I know will be amazed to see it back in the land of the living. Its going to be a little bit of a rest mod... New Weinmann 730s, modern alloy 26" wheel, Camping front hub, and a rear SA can. Rescuing the original guards and Lauterwasser bars and clip headset. Forks rechromed. The frame has been shot blasted and repainted in a flam silver, Ive redrawn some of the frame graphics too. New cables, chips and bits. A nice Lycett Swallow saddle finishes things off. P4091446.JPG P4101491.JPG P4101465.JPG P4101494.JPG P4101493.JPG

Nice job. Apart from the lugs, that looks almost identical to my 1938/1939 Parkes. Mine has hand-cut lugs and more chrome. What's the frame number, out of interest?

Fab job on that venerable old beast! Now - where'd you get those little black plastic thingys for the ends of mudguard stays?
Re plastic mudguard thingys I found a pack in Condor cycles recently.
Beautiful restoration!I just spend a lot of time staring at my 1939 Raleigh frame wondering where on earth to start.

Back