16" Aqua Zaskar (Marmite Update 5/5/14)

Re: Re:

Barneyballbags":bs9zfgtz said:
Well I don't want another pair of SLs (too normal!)
I don't want Mags (too flexy).
I don't want Manitous (well, I do but they'd look silly with V brakes).
I don't want AMPs (because they'll fall apart and bits are getting harder to come by).
I like the Girvins (but I concede that they look a bit daft :oops:).

I was thinking about some early Fox F80s, but then I saw the FSXs. To stop them being referred to as "the Specialized fork" I shall simply remove the FSX decal and replace it with a standard Judy one. Problem solved :LOL:

Oh, and if I went down the FSX route I'll be changing the saddle and grips too.. It never ends!

That's what I'd do with the fsx but red with the turquoise frame don't look right, manitou's are flexy too but you can get the braces without the canti hanger so that's an option... This is a difficult frame to match forks to I know

You do have shall we say a 'brave' taste in parts :p

Sean

SEANSTEPHENS":ltduk1o7 said:
You do have shall we say a 'brave' taste in parts :p

Sean

:LOL: None taken :LOL:

Might see if Gil can make a set of Judy decals in white so that they tie in with the frame decals.

Re:

A side shot, for those who asked ;)

Saddle needs to come down a bit - I swapped seatposts this morning in a bit of a rush :oops:

Re:

Anyone following this thread is going to lose track pretty quickly... More twists and turns than Game of Thrones!!

I'm now going to KEEP the Girvins on the Zaskar (I might get some F**K THE HATERS decals made up ;) :LOL:).

Just placed an order for a Risse Genesis shock to replace the undamped coil one.

My reason for deciding to keep them, in spite of the looks? They ride SO WELL! The bike rides like a rigid most of the time (no bob when out of the saddle AT ALL and SIGNIFICANTLY less flex than Judys/Manitous!), and the suspension action is so good that you don't even notice they're working (until you go over a medium sized bump and they kick back thanks to the undamped shock!). That and they're a definite talking point!

So that's it, decision made. The Girvins are staying!

Re:

Well I think they look cool, so good for you. :cool:

Lets face it, the frame could be brought on its own BITD so there are no 'correct' forks for a Zaskar. I think the Girvins are a good choice when compared to some of the other jelly legged offerings available at the time.

Stick to ya guns bud. ;)

At least until you change your mind again that is! :D

Re:

I can definately vouch for the 'wow' factor of this bike...

I spotted a nice shiny aqua blue zaskar with Girvin forks out of the corner of my eye on my way to work this morning - coming past Cogan station.

I'm guessing there can't be 2 of these bikes with this spec in Penarth!

Well done - looks great in the flesh.

DevonDave":21gh15z2 said:
I can definately vouch for the 'wow' factor of this bike...

I spotted a nice shiny aqua blue zaskar with Girvin forks out of the corner of my eye on my way to work this morning - coming past Cogan station.

I'm guessing there can't be 2 of these bikes with this spec in Penarth!

Well done - looks great in the flesh.

Ha! Yep that would have been me. I pop out of the junction by Cogan leisure centre, then up to take my chances at the mini roundabout, then on down to the barrage and over to the bay :)

Back