1" rigid forks for old stumpjumper..

thegreatbear

Retro Newbie
Hi

I'm resurrecting a late 80's stumpjumper - the one with the miami vice colour scheme... It's a 1" headset though so I'd like a set of rigid forks - anyone?

thanks

I've a Tange fork (of China :cool: ), 1", 153mm long, 16mm threaded. Needs to be resprayed.

imgp8468.jpg

What size frame is it for? Or better still, what length steerer do you need?
P.s. You might want to check if you need 1" JIS or 1"iso. Some Far- eastern made specializeds around this time were JIS which is an annoying half millimetre bigger on the fork crown and 0.2mm smaller on the headtube. I guess headtube problem is easier of the two to solve if it is JIS, so I guess you are safest going for an iso fork if in doubt (the majority of forks are iso).

thegreatbear":5lkm2ywp said:
Hi

I'm resurrecting a late 80's stumpjumper - the one with the miami vice colour scheme... It's a 1" headset though so I'd like a set of rigid forks - anyone?

thanks

I have two sets being powder-coated now, both 1" threaded, just need to know what dimensions you need

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back