Zeus 2000 vintage bike

OliverJames

Senior Retro Guru
Zeus 2000 vintage bike On Ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186489490515?

s-l500.webp

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Not all that common to see a full Zeus bike. I don’t know much about the quality of their frames but I love the 2000 parts, especially the rear mech’s.

Just being picky but it's not all 2000. The cranks are Criterium and the hubs look to be Gran Sport. The crank bolt I can see looks to be chrome plated so the BB is probably Criterium too rather than the titanium 2000 model. Nothing wrong with fitting 2000 chainrings and Criterium cranks, most people did (me included) as few trusted the slots that were cut through the 2000 cranks. Main problem with Zeus was that they seemed to revise their designs annually rather like American auto manufacturers, with subtle changes year-on-year. The original series 1 2000 bottom bracket was all titanium (with the exception of hard chrome bearing surfaces) but was then replaced by an identical looking but frankly dire Titanox alloy version. 40 years later I still regret selling my 2000 titanium BB as it was a work of art.

And a bit more. According to Velobase, Zeus frames were made by Ciclos Letona and Razesa in Alsasua (or Altsasu, depending on if you're Basque or Spanish). Ciclos Letona is now Talleres Letona having branched out into engineering, machining and welding but still builds frames.

Razesa made some excellent frames. They made a few of Indurains tt bikes. I could have picked one up in Banesto colours in 2010 in Zaragoza , but getting it home would've been a nightmare.

Back