Zero Components Brochure

Catalogue Zero Components Brochure

Nice, I really like the QR levers and have a few other bits too, always seemed like a cool brand that should have done well.

Nice, I really like the QR levers and have a few other bits too, always seemed like a cool brand that should have done well.
Declan Hick's the owner of Zero was a lovely guy. I had all their skewers that looked great and worked really well. I also had their bottom bracket (and zippies) which I must say was super robust, especially for a lightweight Ti item as so many of these Ti BB's were just not worth the hassle as they might be lighter, but the creaking/groaning/constant loosening isn't worth the hassle...

That stem is like a prototype Manitou! I had one of them too (Manitou) looked amazing and super stiff, but like the frames (almost bought one but went plain old Zaskar) it cracked too! Nice paperweight though! 🤪 🤣

The skewers are very nice indeed. When you see them alongside the stem it’s clear that Zero had a really distinctive style going on. Very classy design!

Declan is a member on here 😀

The skewers are very nice indeed. When you see them alongside the stem it’s clear that Zero had a really distinctive style going on. Very classy design!

Declan is a member on here 😀
Lovely design, nicely machined/detailed without being overly fussy/ornate and also distinct/ownable. AND they worked without needing to be overly forced shut. I think I have a letter/compliment slip from him somewhere in a scrapbook!

I’ve a vase full of skewers as a kind of display and my favourites are the Zeros, Middleburns and Royce!
I’m not the least bit patriotic - but we did make some cool stuff!

edit: Campag made the Royce 😄

Last edited:
edit: Campag made the Royce 😄
Funny that. I spoke to the owner of Royce as I wanted to buy their tool to remove a stuck Campag BB (it's still stuck as I need to make a tool myself!) and he wrote this:

Hello Tim,

Unfortunately I can’t guarantee my tool would fit in your cup as Campag are notorious for not drilling the 6 holes equally spaced.
If you are local to New Milton, you are very welcome to bring your bike over for me to have a go.

All the best

Cliff Polton

Ha ha. I guess from their early days they were very conscious of Campag being seen as the Gold Standard - but they knew they could do better.

It always seemed odd to me that Campag agreed to make their quick releases considering they were direct competitors at the time. Their large flange hubs and beautiful chainset we’re very similar (Royce was better made/finished).

Latest posts

Back